• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Rabbits togther.

If they are both boys they would both need to be neutered.

If both girls both should be neutered.

If it's a boy and a girl it is best they are both neutered, but definitely the boy must be.

1) Make sure both bunnies are 6 weeks post neuter to ensure hormones have had a chance to die down.
2) Have a neutral area that neither have been in before.
3) Have a bottle of wine or tipple of choice to hand.
4) Think better of it and get the rescue to do it for you :lol:

Only succeeded in bonding once and it was pure luck that it worked. Would definitely recommend 4) as it's a lot less stressful plus it gives you chance to sort accommodation out whilst waiting. :)

If you haven't got them already, I'd definitely go for the bonded pair from a rescue option. All the expensive neutering and jabs have been done

Not to mention the stress of the actual bond. If you already have them, I'd suggest skipping the wine and going for something stronger!

Not to mention the stress of the actual bond. If you already have them, I'd suggest skipping the wine and going for something stronger!

:lol: absolutely. Keep the liquid volume down, my first week of trio bonding afforded very few toilet breaks

Back