• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scrappy :(

I never thought I'd have to write this so soon :( I've only had Scrappy for about a year.

I adopted Scrappy about a year ago from a couple who were emigrating and needed a home for her. I had been thinking about getting a rabbit for a while and so I jumped at the chance to take her.

She taught me early on that rabbits are difficult little animals to care for. Almost as soon as I got her she developed an abscess, which required a lot of care and nursing. With the help of my lovely vet we got her through that and she bounced back into a happy and lively bunny. Although she was always going to have issues with her tear ducts.

She has been through so much. We were back and forth to the vets with her blocked tear ducts. Then she gave me a scare after her spay with a post op hernia. Every time she bounced back. She was such a fighter, she really lived up to her name. She was a scrapper. I thought she could fight anything.

Sadly she succumbed earlier tonight from whatever was causing her fever. I didn't expect that call. Being the fighter she is I was convinced she would make it. I've had a painful reminder of just how fragile rabbits can be. The only thing holding me together at the moment is the fact I'm in deep shock. The full tidal wave of grief will hit me within the next few days and I don't think I'm ready for it :(

I was so lucky to have known her, but I desperately wish we could have had more time together. She was the happiest, friendliest bunny I could ever wish to have had. She would demand noserubs until my arm almost fell off. And she always responded in kind with lots of face licks. She would stamp her feet in impatience if I was late with her breakfast or crunchies. Everyone who met her fell in love with her because of her lovely, outgoing character.

I hope she knew how much I loved her. Sleep tight little Doodlebug xx

:cry: I'm so so sorry you lost her. I'm sure she did know just how much you loved her, and clearly she loved you so much too. They are so delicate sometimes :cry:

Binky free Scrappy xx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I am so sad to see this awful news :cry: I know there are no words that can ease your sense of grief and loss :cry:

((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

RIP Scrappy xx

I'm so so sorry to read this, what an awful shock! :( RIP Scrappy!

I have no doubt that scrappy knew you loved her, just as much as she loved you. It's so heartbreaking but we are all here for you.

Thinking of you & sending lots of hugs
Xxxxx

I'm so very sorry you have lost Scappy - I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. Binky free at The Bridge little one. Xx

Oh no!!!! What awful news. I'd been following her story. Binky free little one. I'm so sorry. :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have also posted on your other post. binky free scrappy. when you are over the shock, make sure to take time for yourself too x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back