• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 buns with another

Kelly11

Warren Scout
Hi )

I have 2 buns Daisy whos 7and a half and Noel 2 and a half they have been together for over year after Daisy lost her partner of 6and a bit years

We are debating to adopt another bunny to bond with them .... Thinking as daisy's getting older and noels still young she just wants to sleep a lot so be someone to play with and also take the load of ha-ha :)

Any thoughts on bonding 2 already with another ? Xx

It's a bit risky - if you get another female (spayed) to go with Noel she may fight with Daisy, and if you get another male he might fight with Noel. 7 is not all that old and younger rabbits like to sleep a lot too, also by getting another bunny you could upset the bond your existing 2 have. I would think carefully about it.

It is risky agreed :) I did it a few months ago. My boy / girl pairing were happily bonded but a particular hard to home rescue bunny stole my heart .. if I'm entirely honest i really wanted another bunny! 2 wasn't quite enough. As they free range inside 3/4 of the house & all of the garden (loosely supervised) the risk was having to split them & divide the space so poorer quality of life for them. it's taken a lot of time & patience but it is very rewarding, I love my little trio. I do realise I'm lucky though, I could easily be saying I love my three single bunnies

Back