• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matilda Apr 2006 - 20.8.14

Nymphadora

Young Bun
I still can't quite believe that it's been a whole year since we lost our gorgeous Tilliebun, and it's taken that long to be able to write a tribute to sweetest rabbit that I've ever known.

Matilda came home at 8 weeks old, she was this tiny, fluffy floppity little bundle of cuteness. She came to live with me in a shared house and it was the first time since I left home that a house became a home! She went on to be my companion when I first lived on my own and she was the bun who taught my now husband to love rabbits!

Tillie was simply the most sweet natured, well behaved bun that anyone could ever wish for, she loved cuddles and nose rubs and would follow everyone around so that she was ready to jump up the second they sat down!

In some ways Tillie was more like a cat than a rabbit, she never got scared, she liked to be handled and she was such a calm girl that I could trim her nails one handed without any fuss, it was easy to forget she was a rabbit because she was so very easy to look after. Honestly it's only since Dora came to live with us in March, with all of her feisty, independent, nibbley ways that I've realised just how different and special Tillie was! I like to think that Tillie would be amused to see how much Dora keeps us on our toes, I think she would have liked her!

Tille loved her sibling cats as soon as they came to live with us, she was never bothered by the suspicious looks that Hestia gave her to start with and when tiny kitten Loki came to join us she bonded with him instantly, they'd wash each other and snuggle together and it's a bond that was never broken, he stayed with her on her last poorly night and wouldn't leave her side at the end. He mourned the loss of his best friend.

We were so lucky that Tillie was always such a healthy bun, but in her last 6 months she did start to look like an old girl which sometimes caught me by surprise and made me a little sad. But nothing held Tillie back and despite an arthritic wonky left sided hop she still loved to kick her heels up in the garden of our new house, our first real home together, she ate everything that we grew last year but we couldn't ever be cross to see her so happy, I'm so glad that she got to be a part of our new home.

Tille loved to bimble around the house and was always ready to warm toes, she loved to throw her ball out of the cage and would announce that it was dinner time by bringing herself in from the garden and thumping by her bowl

In Tillie's last few months she needed a little bit of extra care, the arthritis made it harder for her to stay clean and dry and we had to help her, but she even took that in her stride. Thinking of her last day still makes my heart ache, she struggled to breathe with a respiratory infection and sadly couldn't recover. Her daddy was with her when she took her last breath, gently stroking her and singing her favourite song as she hopped towards the rainbow bridge, oh how I wish that I had made it home in time to be there too, but I think she knew that I wouldn't be strong enough and she left in peace. We laid Tillie to rest in our garden and built her a flower bed, I think she'd have liked that.

Binky free sweet girl

The cutest baby bunny I had ever seen
b3rj8R6.jpg

Off for her first trip to the vets
e45dPyw.jpg

The first time she met a cat
icNOHNU.jpg

All grown up and the first day as a house bun in my flat
LVPcl6d.jpg

Christmas dinner 2012
hkr49Wj.jpg

My lovely cuddle bum all snuggled on the sofa