• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today I'm remembering Blossom...

It's been 4 years since my beautiful black Dutch rabbit Blossom passed away. I took her on after finding her neglected and unloved by someone I knew. She was in a terrible state, skinny, long claws and just so sad. :cry: I had her spayed and vaccinated and tried to improve her life.

I tried bonding her with my then trio - Jasper, Tinkerbell and Mischief. It look months but eventually they lived happy as a quad. It broke down after a month though and I was forced to split the rabbits up into two pairs. I didn't want to do this really as the other 3 had such a strong bond but I couldn't bare Blossom being alone so she went to live with Mischief. They were together a few weeks until tragically Jasper passed away when I was on holiday. After this happened, Tinkerbell became a singleton which seemed so wrong as she had never in her life lived alone. I felt the right thing to do was to put her back with her brother Mischief and no bonding was needed as those two were inseparable. This however left Blossom alone again and it broke my heart. She lived side to side with the other 2 in the shed but Tinkerbell would attack Blossom given the chance so a trio was not an option. I planned on getting Blossom a friend of her own the following month after my second holiday that summer, a week away in the Lake District. However I was never given the chance. I lost Blossom whilst on that holiday and it was only about 4 weeks after losing Jasper. 2 buns so close together, it broke my heart. I still feel guilty to this day that Blossom never had a friend till the end. I felt guilty about taking Mischief away from her but it felt so wrong that Tinkerbell was alone without her brother she had lived with all her life. I just hope Blossom knew happiness with me despite being a single bun at the end. I tried to give her a good life but I still feel like I failed her.

She had exactly a year with me. Despite all she had been through with her previous owner, she was so gentle and loving. I believe she was quite an old girl. I'll never know exactly why she died. She wasn't a young healthy bun though I know that. The holiday boarder insisted on a pm. I think so she could show it was nothing she did wrong as the poor lady had Jasper who died when staying with her then Blossom 4 weeks later. She must have felt awful about it having to make the same phone call to the same person twice that summer. It was just a horrible coincidence though and I know it was nothing she did wrong. I didn't want a pm done I felt like Blossom had been through enough in her life, I didn't want her cut into after she'd gone.

I'm so sorry I couldn't get you your forever friend Blossom and I hope the reason you died wasn't because you were sad. I tried to make you happy, I really did. :cry: I miss you beautiful girl. :love: Binky free with Mischief, he's up there now with you now. xx

Last edited:
Aww, lovely Blossom. I am sure you were a brilliant friend for her. These things sometimes happen for whatever reason - it's just one of those things. I am sure her life was still fantastic with you. Xx

She had your love, Emma...the greatest gift you can give a wee bunny. And I am sure she is smiling upon you at this very moment. :)
(((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))) and thinking of you today. xxxxxx

she was beautiful.
I had dutch rabbits when I was a teenager, and didn't think other rabbits were 'real' rabbits at all.

Back