• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good places which will bond rabbit (Herts?)

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Moving house this week - which means finally will be able to find a husbun for Flo! I've already spied two gorg boys on the local RSPCA shelters website!
Anyone know of anywhere in Herts (nr St Albans) which will bond for me?

I asked RSPCA Southridge and they don't bond rabbits there, I'm really worried about bonding myself as Flo is a little madam! Flo has a hutch & run, I also have a spare run and a large indoor cage but I feel like it isn't enough to keep two of them! :( I have the time to bond though - uni doesn't start until 7th Sept and is only two days a week so have 5 days straight at home anyway.

Any advice?

I would suggest approaching a rescue which does the bonding for you. That way you won't run the risk of adopting a rabbit to only have to return them if the bonding didn't work.

Both Rabbit Residence and Wood Green offer the service but only for rabbits adopted from them due to time and space restrictions.

I would suggest approaching a rescue which does the bonding for you. That way you won't run the risk of adopting a rabbit to only have to return them if the bonding didn't work.

Both Rabbit Residence and Wood Green offer the service but only for rabbits adopted from them due to time and space restrictions.

That was my worry - would hate to have to return a rabbit!
Both of those are 45mins away and I don't drive so would have to ask my friend if she would drive me. Dam RSPCA is only 5 mins away :/

With regards to the RSPCA, what method of introductions do they use at your local branch? The branch where we got Joey did speed dating (the branch we got Boo from did singular dates). I know some perceive speed dating to be too stressful but I've had success with it & typically its taken trying 1-3 rabbits to find the perfect match. Sometimes the initial signs are so brilliant you know practically no bonding will be required by you, it was this way when Angel chose Ralph & when Noodle chose Joey.Boo & Joey went to Camp Nibble for a date with Mouse - Boo had a spiky moment there (many more on return home:lol:) so i didn't view the trio's 1st date as wholly positive, more of a possible / probable

With regards to the RSPCA, what method of introductions do they use at your local branch? The branch where we got Joey did speed dating (the branch we got Boo from did singular dates). I know some perceive speed dating to be too stressful but I've had success with it & typically its taken trying 1-3 rabbits to find the perfect match. Sometimes the initial signs are so brilliant you know practically no bonding will be required by you, it was this way when Angel chose Ralph & when Noodle chose Joey.Boo & Joey went to Camp Nibble for a date with Mouse - Boo had a spiky moment there (many more on return home:lol:) so i didn't view the trio's 1st date as wholly positive, more of a possible / probable

Oh I don't know - I asked if they bond them and she said I had to do that myself at home. Maybe I'll have to ask about speed dating - I think Flo might be quite particular with the personality of her future friend if that makes sense. Thanks!

Back