• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Night night Evie

lauraj27

Warren Scout
As some of you may be aware, Evie passed away last night.

She was very special lion head lop bun. Sometimes she would have one ear up one ear down and then switch them. She had snuffles when we got her as baby bun which we had a close call with, we got her over that and she was housed with a female friend. Unfortunately her friend became hormonal and we had separate them but we managed bond Evie one of our male rabbits Harley.

Harley was with her last night when she passed and I'm worried about him and also want him to know and understand that we did try and do everything we could to save Evie. Despite our best efforts, emergency vets and oxygen tents it just wasn't meant to be.

Evie was only four years old and although they were a good four years, I just wished she'd been here longer.

What also amplifies everything is that 18th August marks 4 years to the day that we lost Flopsy who was vey gentle shy nervous bunny. She was one of our first bunnies and unfortunately we were not as knowledgeable as we are now and the vets said they were bunny savvy but it turned out they weren't. She stopped eating, was grinding her teeth and pressing her tummy down. She had three trips to the vets including emergency vets but at no time was she given any painkiller and she passed away in my arms.

Flopsy taught us an awful lot and the other bunnies have benefited as we now know by and large what to do and the importance of painkiller and we now make sure we do absolutely everything and give each bunny every chance, but it still hurts. It took a lot to gain Flopsy's trust, we used to have sit by her cage and talk to her for hours on end and if we knew what we know today she might still be with us.

Back