• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Blu - December 2012 - August 2015

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I will try to keep this short.

I promised myself I wouldn't get any more ratties after my first girls Honey and Treasure, but I found myself going with a friend to collect his two girls and ended up holding their brother, who I named Blu, and his cage mate, Theodore. Obviously I couldn't then leave them! I reserved them whilst I picked up a new cage and went back to collect them a few days later, they were both very gentle and didn't take much at all in the way of taming. A lovely pair :love:

Blu was very outgoing and cheeky, very partial to my cup of tea and very grabby when it comes to food! He was a very sweet soul. I sadly lost Theodore last November due to health problems, he just couldn't go on. Blu was very upset, he started acting like a rat twice his age and was disinterested in every thing, I searched for ratties his age but couldn't find any. I was out shopping when I saw four babies in p@h adoption and took them all, now Daryl, Glenn, Hershel and Rick. Introductions went very well with no scuffles at all, and Blu was acting like a baby again! It really did give him a new lease of life :love:

He shared 8 happy months with his new brothers. I had a dream last night he was poorly and checked him when I woke, he was in the hammock looking very sleepy. I took him out and he was very weak, still very grabby over food but too weak to eat anything. I put him on a snugglesafe and tucked him up with me in bed where he shortly passed away, peacefully. I will miss him very much.

WP_20150726_10_59_00_Pro by Hliz, on Flickr

WP_20150425_13_13_13_Pro by Hliz, on Flickr

WP_20150410_12_42_33_Pro by Hliz, on Flickr

I have this lovely quote on a magnet - "They're the brightest little candles - they burn so brightly that they can't last long." - Lynn Rosskamp

So sorry Liz, what a lovely life that sweet little chap had with you. Run free little Blu with your friends xxxxx

What a gorgeous little guy :love:
I am so sorry he has gone. He sounded quite the character. :cry:
Be at peace at the Bridge, Mr. Blu. xxxxxx

Gorgeous little lad :love: I'm so sorry that you have lost him. :cry:

Goodnight Blu, sweet dreams little one. xx

Back