• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you clean the litter tray?

I'm changing my buns litter tray maybe twice or 3 times a day.. I tend to use newspaper and then hat on top but find my one bunny honey has a wee and then digs all the hay and newspaper out. So I am constantly replacing it and topping up with fresh Hay.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but has Anyone got any tips on stopping her from digging all the litter trays out? X

My buns have a corner hooded litter tray. It's advertised as a cat litter tray but I just took the door off and they love it! They tend to forage a lot as I put exciting treats in the hay in their litter tray as well as their pellets so digging does happen, but nothing comes out apart from the odd bit of hay.

I change Ruby's litter 2-3 times a day as she tends to lay down in it and i worry about her being covered in wee.. :shock: Her litter consists of newspaper and hay. (I only remove the dirty newspaper)

I change my rabbits litter trays once a day however this does vary as they do have 5 trays all together so if they have clearly not used one of them I wont change it but the main two that they they use constantly get changed at least daily sometimes more if its very warm.

Back