• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with bonding with two bunnies

I have recently taken in two male rabbits Gizmo and Thumper and they are 5 months old. I have bonded with Gizmo but Thumper doesn't seem to interested in bonding with me. Are there any tips anyone can recommend? :bunny:

If the 2 are together then the less dominant one will be less eager to be friendly with you as he could be chased away by the dominant one.

If they are separate then it's a case of different personalities, some rabbits are more confident with humans than others, so more patience is needed for him.

If you have 2 unneutered males together you stand a very big risk of them fighting which can lead to horrific injuries or death so please be aware of that.

They are both together and are both getting neutered next month. Ive had rabbits before but never two that are housed together haha

Gizmo is the more dominant of the pair and is a lot bigger than Thumper. Today my boyfriend spent time with Gizmo while I was bonding with Thumper and it seemed to have worked as he is coming over more and climbing onto my knee, so you are definitely right about the dominance.

Back