• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Bye Charlie 4.8.15

moorevfr

Young Bun
Charlie died at a young age of about 20months old due to poor unforeseen incident with the new Lab puppy.
The hutch door came open and she then left it but unfortunately the new puppy was out in the garden at the same time and I think she either had a heart attack due to the puppy trying to play or just too ruff play on the puppy part.

Was a very sudden and full of mixed emotions for my Mrs and I as Charlie and Thumper were our first pets together and had them as house rabbits then when we moved to our new house earlier this year I gave them full access to the garden and a nice new hutch.

Devastated at the lose of Charlie and the circumstances around it and our feelings towards the puppy now and the guilt I feel for not checking to make sure the hutch door was 100% closed and putting her and the pup in that situation.

She leaves behind her bonded sister Thumper who is still wondering what has happened to her as I didn't know till after we had buried Charlie thats is recommended to leave the body so that the bonded partner can see that they have passed.

She was a lovely playful rabbit with a little mischief in her finding way to get in the house if we left the back door open and hide in the front room or where she and Thumper would just come and sit by our feet when sat in the garden on nice days and evenings.

She will be sorely missed by all of us and Thumper most of all...

So sad for you and Charlie. Unfortunately these accident happen, as puppies only want to play but are so rough and rabbits so fragile. You were right to show his little body to his friend. Animal feel life's gone.. One can see this in the wild all the time .. RIP little Charlie

Oh how sad for you, try not to feel guilty sometimes accidents happen even when we've tried our best. RIP little Charlie xx

Back