• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny "boy-parts" rather perky...

Beau Belle

Mama Doe
So my Bertie Bun was neutered last Friday. Whilst he's being kept separately from his sister, they met briefly earlier this evening. He chased her and got on top for a spot of humping (she was spayed last week), and as I picked him up, I decided to have a look at his party bag, making sure it's healing nicely.

And was met by an unexpected sight - his very perky boy-part.

I might be very naive - and inexperienced, as our Ricky Bun was a rescued, slightly older boy with no perky parts - but...is the perkiness normal? Will it settle? It didn't occur to me that it would still be functioning in that way...

They can still ahem perform for up to three weeks and can still be fertile ,my bridge bun before he got spayed would hump towels on the floor etc anything he could get on top of.His perky bit was always err on display.:oops::D They can still hump away after neutering,just firing blanks.It does calm down the mad humping though.

Aww at his "party Bag" poor wee man..My Rio was a tri coloured lop so his bits were ahem. in his white fur area ,so after one of his many towel humping episodes his pink perky and party bag were always visible as he flopped out full stretch afteer his err session..heehee :oops::lol:

Yes it's pretty normal and it should settle. What's probably happened is the separation while they have their ops has made him feel the need to reassert his dominance, it's pretty common so you will have to be careful about reintroducing them to make sure they don't fight. When it's time for them to meet again, I would introduce them on neutral territory and supervise them like you would for a new bond, as the time apart can break a bond or at least make them need to reestablish things with a little humping or bickering. Hopefully it will settle quickly and easily. Good luck!

When I bonded Benji to Flora, he'd only been neutered for just over 2 weeks. He humped her mercilessly so I used to let him do it (as part of the bonding process) but I would put my hand inbetween them so he wasn't hurting her. My hand was seriously violated many, many times by Benji's perky parts :shock: :lol:.

When I bonded Benji to Flora, he'd only been neutered for just over 2 weeks. He humped her mercilessly so I used to let him do it (as part of the bonding process) but I would put my hand inbetween them so he wasn't hurting her. My hand was seriously violated many, many times by Benji's perky parts :shock: :lol:.

:shock: :lol::lol:

So here's Bertie chilling out just now. We've been to see the vet for post-op check up and vaccination. All is well and he is a #HappyBun

Back