Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent- rabbit due to be put to sleep Monday. Plymouth

Default Urgent- rabbit due to be put to sleep Monday. Plymouth

Posted on behalf of...

Quote Originally Posted by xsuzimoox
    Hi there,

A member of the House Rabbits UK facebook group has posted about her neutered doe who is apparently very aggressive, and is wanting to find an experienced home for her before Monday otherwise she will be put to sleep. She has apparently taken vet and rescue advice, who have told her she needs to be kept apart from other rabbits (she currently has a male also and doesn't have room for both...). I recommended trying the forum as I know there are a lot of very experienced rabbit people on here, and she asked if I could pass the details on.

She is based in Plymouth, and her email address is: moumin321@hotmail.co.uk

Photo of the bun below:

From what I can gather she has been neutered only around 6 weeks ago, so maybe in time her aggression would calm. Hoping someone might be able to give her a chance!

Thanks,

Suzi
    Click here to see the bunnies available for homes at Underhill Rabbit Rescue

REW bunnies are home and they're all gorgeous

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014
    Underhill Rabbit Rescue fundraising for Everest page (click here)

Warren Veteran

Goodness, it doesn't give much time.

I can't offer a home, but I can offer help with a transport run if bunny can be found a home/rescue place northwards.

Bunnies: Sugar & Roo, Poppy & Pansy, Nutmeg Saffron & Pepper, Baby Rachel
    Chinchillas: Milly & Molly, Gemima & Lucy, Clover & Lola
    Cats: Tigger, Humbug & Rascal

Goodnight Cinnamon, Catkin, Daisy & Minnie sleep tight my little girls xx
    Sweet dreams Herbie, Wally, big Bentley and my special little Scooby.....Forever in my heart xx
    Sleep tight baby Cookie...your time with us was too short, but you will stay in our hearts forever xx

If no one else comes forward I might be able to help, my Willow is semi aggressive. I could not have her as a house rabbit though as I have whippets. If there is anyone that could help with transport (I am Wiltshire) that would help. It doesn't seem right to put her down. I took on Snowy as she was agressive, and now she is as soft as snow. All Willows sisters were returned to the rescue as they were agressive, she certainly is grumpy and will attack even though she is neutered, but she also loves a head stroke.

I will keep an eye for updates.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Badger4920 View Post
    If no one else comes forward I might be able to help, my Willow is semi aggressive. I could not have her as a house rabbit though as I have whippets. If there is anyone that could help with transport (I am Wiltshire) that would help. It doesn't seem right to put her down. I took on Snowy as she was agressive, and now she is as soft as snow. All Willows sisters were returned to the rescue as they were agressive, she certainly is grumpy and will attack even though she is neutered, but she also loves a head stroke.

How amazing, what a wonderful offer

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Badger4920 View Post

Oh this would be fantastic. I hate the thought of a healthy animal being destroyed just because it is misunderstood.

Bunnies: Sugar & Roo, Poppy & Pansy, Nutmeg Saffron & Pepper, Baby Rachel
    Chinchillas: Milly & Molly, Gemima & Lucy, Clover & Lola
    Cats: Tigger, Humbug & Rascal

Goodnight Cinnamon, Catkin, Daisy & Minnie sleep tight my little girls xx
    Sweet dreams Herbie, Wally, big Bentley and my special little Scooby.....Forever in my heart xx
    Sleep tight baby Cookie...your time with us was too short, but you will stay in our hearts forever xx

we have/had an aggressive female nethie who was just getting very fed up with the buns she was living with - and then got (much) worse when on her own. A new pairing has transformed her!!!!

We still have her - but she is no longer aggressive (hence the have/had!)
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Anyone know if this little one has somewhere to go yet?

I have sent an email. If anyone knows anything let me know. She is all I can think of atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Oh this would be fantastic. I hate the thought of a healthy animal being destroyed just because it is misunderstood.
    Have to say my middle daughter would have been put down years ago if this was a good reason...

It looks like the little one has been offered a home on fb. Hopefully she is safe now