• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping and spaying...

I know! But you need to know, anyway a lot depends on the girls' personalities. Yours might stop altogether, but it might not.

my two boys have never humped each other. which i thought was unusual, chase each other on the odd occasion but no humping.

my two boys have never humped each other. which i thought was unusual, chase each other on the odd occasion but no humping.

My 2 girls just do it occasionally. Every 3 or 4 days and for a minute or two, them she stops. The rest of the time they are snuggling up to each other or stretched out keeping cool.

That's not what I wanted to hear, ��, the humping is the reason we are having them spayed.

I think you will find it will all settle - there may be an odd hump as my pair, absolutely in love, just do it occasionally - but only for seconds and without any meaning behind it, more like a game.
Give it about 6 weeks, though.
If you didn't have them spayed there is an 80% chance of uterine cancer by the age of 5 - so another very good reason.

My girls are 7 months post spay and occasionally Sugar, who is the dominant sister, will attempt to mount Toffee just to remind her that she is boss!
What changed dramatically after their spays & rebonding (had to be separated before/after) was that Sugar accepted the fact Toffee wasn't going to 'take it' and allows her to hop off rather than chasing her and trying to continually mount/hump.

Back