• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobbie 22nd July 2015

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
My precious, courageous, beautiful Rabbit. I feel nothing I can post about her will be adequate to express just what an amazing soul she was. Rescued from a Meat Farm by a Forum Member, snowy AKA Theo, back in 2007 Bobbie was is such a dreadful state. She was emaciated, yet nursing 5 3 week old kits. She was covered in urine, even her eyes had been burned by urine dripping into them from the crates all the Meat Rabbits were incarcerated in. She also had a severe Respiratory Tract infection and what we did not initially realise was that poor Bobbie was also pregnant again. We honestly did not know if she would survive.

But Bobbie had such a fighting spirit, she knew she had to remain with us for her kits

She was a wonderful mother, despite all she had endured

But then worse was to come. Not only did Bobbie give birth to another 8 kits when her first litter were 4 weeks old, but she also developed pneumonia. Bobbie was gravely ill. How she survived kindling I do not know. I had no choice but to remove the new litter, 3 were stillborn. Bobbie could not feed the 5 surviving kits, she had no milk. The initial litter of 5 were able to cope, they were eating solids well. Myself and another Forum Member attempted to hand rear the second litter. But during the course of the next 7 days all 5 died. The strongest one I actually named 'Cal' after my late Mum. I really thought he had a chance, but I was wrong.

Cal

I received a lot of hate mail' for removing the second litter from Bobbie. I was accused of being a 'Rabbit Butcher' and worse. But my actions were after a lot of discussion with C, there really was no way we could have left the 5 new kits with Bobbie

After many many weeks Bobbie did finally recover. Although she was left with permanent lung damage and she had flare ups of infection. She became extremely unwell after her first and only Myxomatosis injection. Consequently she was never vaccinated again in her life.

Bobbie found her true love in a little Micro Rex called Brian. They spent many happy years together until last year. Brian developed an adrenal gland tumour which caused him to behave like an entire Buck. His 'attention' to Bobbie became too extreme and after a bit of respite when Brian had hormone implants things went down hill again. I had no choice but to separate them. Brian's tumour eventually led to his demise a few months later. But during their years together Bobbie and Brian were very happy

I so hope that Bobbie's 8 years here went some way to make up for her horrendous start in life.

Farewell for now my wonderful brave friend. You will be loved forever Bobbie xxxx

What a beautiful tribute Jane.I didn't know Bobbies story before.She was so lucky to find you and be cared for so well for eight years.

Binky free lovely Bobbie.xx

:love:... Such a sad start for a beautiful girl who had a fabulous life with you Jane. She was loved and loved you and Brian too... What more would a bunny want..

What a courageous, beautiful girly... Binky Free at The Bridge, recovered in full health.

Hugs Jane

Fee x

Ps, that photo of her with her paw on Brian's back is so so beautiful, brings a tear to your eye x

Beautiful Bobbie, beautiful pictures :( you gave her an amazing life Jane, you saved her :love: I'm so sorry she's gone :cry: binky free gorgeous girl xxx

Bobbie was a favourite of mine, she always looked so snuggly. After a horrendous start to life she had the most wonderful life with you and Brian. No bun could ask for more.

Sleep tight brave and beautiful Bobbie xxx

Aw she landed on her feet with you :) I'm sure your loving care and attention made up for that horrid start she had to endure. Beautiful Bobbie, sleep tight. xx

Such a sad start in life for such a beautiful girl :cry:

I'm sure it's down to your love and devotion that she came through it all to lead a happy life with you.

Sweet dreams precious girl, you will be sadly missed :cry:

Thinking of you Jane, I'm so sorry xxx

So incredibly sad but without you Bobbie would not have survived. You are the kindest soul and hate messages are beyond reproach, you didn't deserve it. Farewell brave Bobbie.:cry:

More beautiful photos...more treasured memories.... :cry::cry::cry:
I could not possibly add anything to this thread that would do justice to Bobbie or to you and the efforts you have made to give her what was no doubt a wonderful life, so I will simply say, Farewell for now, Bobbie. What an amazing bunny you were in this life, and no doubt you will be just as amazing in the next. Have peace and healing at the Bridge, little one...reunited with your lovely Brian and all your little Boblets. We will all miss you so. :cry: xxxxxxx

I know I shouldn't have favourites but Bobbie was my favourite RU bunny. She had the best life with you, she was so lucky you found each other.

Sweet dreams beautiful Bobbie xxxxx

You gave Bobbie a truly wonderful life filled with love and happiness.

Goodnight brave Bobbie, sleep well. xx

Beautiful brave bunny. You gave her a wonderful life after the horrific start she'd had. Sleep well Bobbie xx

Oh my Lord Jane I am so sorry I am sat here in tears as I just can't believe the losses you have had
and it's just so sad :cry::cry:

What a beautiful tribute to this special little rabbit, and you shouldn't have had hate mail for taking the second
litter off her as she would not have been able to look after them as she was Bless her, you did the right thing.

You gave her a wonderful life and happiness and it's down to your care and dedication that she survived.

Binky free forever at the Bridge little one xxxxxxx

Thinking of you Jane this is such a sad time for you , it's heart-breaking xxxxxx :(

Binky free Bobbie, I remember her story and I'm sure she treasured her time with you xx

Back