Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New indoor home all finished setting up... :)

Wow lucky bunnies this is amazing!! Would love to see some pictures of the bunnies in there. How long did it take for your pen to arrive from ordering? Also where did you get your hay rack from, the one with the 2 small round holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam56-87 View Post
    Wow lucky bunnies this is amazing!! Would love to see some pictures of the bunnies in there. How long did it take for your pen to arrive from ordering? Also where did you get your hay rack from, the one with the 2 small round holes?
    Pics to follow, but trying to reply to questions first
    The whole pen took about 12 weeks to get here from the day of paying for it. That said, I kept adding stuff and making changes. Daniel from Boyle's Pet Housing was super helpful always, and has loads of patience. So yeah it took 12 weeks, but well worth the wait.
    As for the small hay feeder. it is this one: http://www.manorpethousing.co.uk/budget-hay-station-
    I bought it for their last temporary run, since the hay feeder I had before got eaten up by Fluffy, this one they don't chew, so it's great for them.
    Last edited by FredW; 18-07-2015 at 11:20 AM.

OK now then... picture time. Unfortunately last night the lighting was too bad to make decent pictures of them exploring, and this morning they had their food and now it's nap time, but will hopefully get many more pics as time goes on. for now... firstly some from breakfast:

After that.... some personal grooming and sleep:

Just before getting ready to snuggle up together:

They really have adjusted to the new flooring and it all very well. Both are getting faster and faster getting around. jump up and down the hole into their tunnel and round and round. I am so glad I had that second shelf added with the hay station on it, means the ground level is completely free for them to have a more running space. well right now you could probably call it more "fast(ish) hopping" space. but they are up and down those different levels like it's been something they had all their lives. Fluffy really loves the hideout box and is in there a lot, so was nice to see him on the shelf to get a good picture.

I am completely surprised as to how clean they have kept it so far. Fluffy hasn't done too much chewing (mainly is trying to chew the hole of the hideout box, hope he stops soon, don't want it all looking really bad already) and Bunbuns has not used the litter tray as her digging box so far... so we will have to wait and see.

Also done a quick video of them eating... just cause it's so nice that I can see them so clear now with the Perspex front.

Warren Veteran

That's brilliant!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HECTOR!!

Wow that's amazing!!! Can I be cheeky & ask how much that set up cost?

Ive pledged 1 per month for Rescues, will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Wow that's amazing!!! Can I be cheeky & ask how much that set up cost?
    Well I ended up spending just over 700 for the pen, plus shipping. Then of course all the extras, like that big hay feeder, the bed, the houses around etc... all in all.... I think it probably ended up close to 1k..... that said, I did save up for it for a year or so, and took on a couple of extra commissions to cover it, so it wasn't just spare money laying around. I have to say, I am glad I did it seeing their faces now and how happy they are makes up for the extra sacrifices I made over the last year to buy all the bits and pieces as well as the big pen. I originally planned to not go over 500 in total, that was my budged, but I just had to add more and more all the time. worth it in the end though.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I have to keep coming back and looking at the pics - I have serious bunny accommodation envy! They look so happy in their new home too
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Such lovely pictures! The bunnies look very happy and I'm not surprised! This has to be one of the best set ups I've seen. I've ordered a pen off Daniel too and can't wait for it to arrive although it will be not be as impressive as this. You came up with some really good ideas on how to make the pen more interesting for the bunnies x

It's fantastic, it really is

In the first two photos, the upstairs bunny looks like he's taking a bath!

I just cant help myself ... just love watching them.

Has anyone seen Bunbuns?

ah there she is

This bed is comfy:

Somehow the hay is so much better at the back of the feeder:

I am still trying to get a decent video of them playing in their new home, especially since it's so cute when they poke their little heads out of the holes.... but so far at no avail. hopefully soon. in the meantime... dinner time: