• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New indoor home all finished setting up... :)

Wow lucky bunnies this is amazing!! Would love to see some pictures of the bunnies in there. How long did it take for your pen to arrive from ordering? Also where did you get your hay rack from, the one with the 2 small round holes?

Wow lucky bunnies this is amazing!! Would love to see some pictures of the bunnies in there. How long did it take for your pen to arrive from ordering? Also where did you get your hay rack from, the one with the 2 small round holes?

Pics to follow, but trying to reply to questions first :)
The whole pen took about 12 weeks to get here from the day of paying for it. That said, I kept adding stuff and making changes. Daniel from Boyle's Pet Housing was super helpful always, and has loads of patience. So yeah it took 12 weeks, but well worth the wait.
As for the small hay feeder. it is this one: http://www.manorpethousing.co.uk/budget-hay-station-
I bought it for their last temporary run, since the hay feeder I had before got eaten up by Fluffy, this one they don't chew, so it's great for them.

Last edited:
OK now then... picture time. Unfortunately last night the lighting was too bad to make decent pictures of them exploring, and this morning they had their food and now it's nap time, but will hopefully get many more pics as time goes on. for now... firstly some from breakfast:
Breakfast01.jpg

Breakfast02.jpg

Breakfast03.jpg

After that.... some personal grooming and sleep:
NapTime.jpg

Just before getting ready to snuggle up together:
GettingReadyForSnuggles.jpg

They really have adjusted to the new flooring and it all very well. Both are getting faster and faster getting around. jump up and down the hole into their tunnel and round and round. I am so glad I had that second shelf added with the hay station on it, means the ground level is completely free for them to have a more running space. well right now you could probably call it more "fast(ish) hopping" space. but they are up and down those different levels like it's been something they had all their lives. Fluffy really loves the hideout box and is in there a lot, so was nice to see him on the shelf to get a good picture.

I am completely surprised as to how clean they have kept it so far. Fluffy hasn't done too much chewing (mainly is trying to chew the hole of the hideout box, hope he stops soon, don't want it all looking really bad already) and Bunbuns has not used the litter tray as her digging box so far... so we will have to wait and see.

Also done a quick video of them eating... just cause it's so nice that I can see them so clear now with the Perspex front. :)

Wow that's amazing!!! Can I be cheeky & ask how much that set up cost?

Well I ended up spending just over £700 for the pen, plus shipping. Then of course all the extras, like that big hay feeder, the bed, the houses around etc... all in all.... I think it probably ended up close to 1k..... that said, I did save up for it for a year or so, and took on a couple of extra commissions to cover it, so it wasn't just spare money laying around. I have to say, I am glad I did it seeing their faces now and how happy they are makes up for the extra sacrifices I made over the last year to buy all the bits and pieces as well as the big pen. I originally planned to not go over £500 in total, that was my budged, but I just had to add more and more all the time. worth it in the end though.

Such lovely pictures! The bunnies look very happy and I'm not surprised! This has to be one of the best set ups I've seen. I've ordered a pen off Daniel too and can't wait for it to arrive although it will be not be as impressive as this. You came up with some really good ideas on how to make the pen more interesting for the bunnies x

I just cant help myself ... just love watching them.

Has anyone seen Bunbuns?
AnyoneSeenBunbuns01.jpg

ah there she is
AnyoneSeenBunbuns02.jpg

AnyoneSeenBunbuns03.jpg

This bed is comfy:
ComfyBed.jpg

Somehow the hay is so much better at the back of the feeder:
TastyHay.jpg

I am still trying to get a decent video of them playing in their new home, especially since it's so cute when they poke their little heads out of the holes.... but so far at no avail. hopefully soon. in the meantime... dinner time:

this is brilliant, they'll never get bored. It looked really good earlier in the thread but its awesome with the buns inside. Mine have an extra large ...cardboard box :lol:

Saw this on Daniel's FB, glad it went to an RU person! It looks fab! Can you get into the two pop hole places?

Saw this on Daniel's FB, glad it went to an RU person! It looks fab! Can you get into the two pop hole places?

The one is a tunnel, so you could reach into quite easy as it's also open on both sites, not as easy but doable if needed be. The hideout box has a lit on top of it, so you can take it off and get in there with ease. Daniel designed everything very much in a way that it's always easy enough to reach, for emergencies as well as cleaning purposes as well.

Thanks everyone for the great comments, I am really pleased with how it all turned out, much of the things I did came from inspirations from this forum, so in a way RU designed it really :)

Mr & Mrs Fluffy-Bunbuns doing what they do best....
... Bunbuns is digging and eating in their litter box, she loves having a good old dig in there, while Fluffy just sleeps like nothing is happening.
That's so typical them, she's running around trying to get attention... he's not bothered and just continues his nap.

Unlike her when he's out the pen, he runs around like crazy, jumps, binkies etc for an hour or longer each time he's out, so he is worn out when he goes back in, she comes out runs around for 5-10 mins then flops down demanding cuddles.
Meaning he is worn out a lot of the time, while she's full of beans. :)

I have also been growing a mixture of different grasses for my two babies and today was the first time I gave it to them. Bunbuns was quite happy to just go for it, Fluffy was a bit unsure about it at first, but 30 mins or so later and he had his face in it too :)
Glad they like it. Got a second tray already all ready and waiting to replace once they trimmed this one a bit.

OK, I guess it really is time for me to stop bombarding you with all those videos and photos, just so happy to see them happy, so can't help myself

Back