• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry & Jo 16th July 2015

Thankyou for sharing their story, I am so sorry for your losses.
They were very lucky rabbits to have you, binky free beautiful Harry and Jo x

Thank you for sharing the stories of these very special rabbits. The photos show just how much their lives were transformed and enhanced in your care, so I hope that is some comfort to you in the sadness of having to say goodbye - an act of great love in itself. xxx

Not being able to fathom how difficult it must be to say goodbye to two rabbits at once, I grieve with you. :cry::cry::cry:

Never more heartbreaking a decision but also never braver have you been in the face of such painful sadness considering all the loss you have had to face this year and just this last 24 hours alone. Thinking of you and sending (((((((((((((many healing hugs))))))))))) my friend.

Binky free, Harry and Jo, now whole and healthy again at the Rainbow, we send you our love and please watch over Jane, dear ones. xxxxxxxx

http://www.gratefulness.org/candle/52852/

Oh my, I am crying again... A beautiful tribute to Harry and Jo, Jane, and now they are at peace together. Binky free at The Bridge sweet ones.
What a truly heartbreaking week you have had. Sending hugs. Xxx

What a moving tribute to this beautiful couple.

They were lucky that they ended up in your care and clearly had a good life with you.

I'm so sorry that you've had to let them go. What a brave and selfless act, to stop their pain, even though it pains you.

RIP Harry and Jo.

Huge hugs to you Jane. xxxx

Beautiful tribute for two amazing buns, please take comfort in the fact they passed together and what a good life you gave them!
I also find it fascinating you got to watch Harrys surgery as we use the same vets&you also seem to talk very highly of them, they seem to have done amazing things for your buns - im glad you feel they had a dignified passing.
Its always such a hard choice to have to make.
Again, im so sorry for your loss and that you're going through such a rough time Xxx

What lovely stories! They were special rabbits that were blessed to have you around to care for them.
I love Harry's color and Jo certainly was a little ball of white floof as a little one.
My thoughts are with you as you grieve for their passing.

Harry was taken in by ARC as part of a large Rescue from a Backyard Breeding situation that had gotten very out of control. Harry had a lot of GI tract problems which resulted in him getting into this state

ARC asked me if I could Foster Harry whilst C tried to get him well. After many weeks of treatment and numerous diagnostics Harry did finally recover and he became a very bright and bouncy young buck. He went off to another Foster home as C had asked me to care for another very sick Rabbit. Harry was neutered and all went well. But whilst in his Foster home he unfortunately had an accident and sustained a compound fracture to his left femur. C was not able to save his leg, she had to amputate it. I actually watched the surgery, it was fascinating and scary in equal measures

Harry made an incredibly rapid recovery and being a tripod Bunny never slowed him down at all

Given all Harry had been through I decided that I would adopt him myself and he lived with us for about 7 years. He was bonded to a few other Rabbits over the years. But it was meeting Jo just a few months ago that meant he met his soul mate. They formed an very strong bond in a very short space of time.

Harry developed spine and hip problems at the end of last year. Obviously with just one back leg this proved to be a challenge for him. But he was kept comfortable on medication. But eventually no medication was sufficient to control his pain and I had to let him go.

I first saw Jo when she was about 3 weeks old. She was with her 4 siblings in a perspex 'cage' in P@H.

Their mother was a P@H Rabbit who gave birth in the store. Tragically she died when her kits were about 3 weeks old. I was horrified to see such tiny babies being kept on display in the middle of a busy Pet Shop. After much 'negotiation' with the Store Manager it was finally agreed that I could take all of the Kits as it was obvious that one was already very poorly with diarrhoea. That was Jo. I took her straight over to C and for several days we fought to save Jo's life. Many times we thought we would lose her

I did separate her from her litter mates and by some miracle none of them contracted enteritis. Gradually Jo gained strength and started to recover

Eventually I was able to re-introduce her to her siblings

The next two photos taken whilst/after they had all had their bowl of Goats Milk which they tended to nose dive into, hence the state of them

Two of Jo's siblings, Liam and Niamh, went to live with a person who used to post on RU.I kept the other three, Enya, Patrick and Jo. Enya was (and still is) a bit of a bully and she started to pick on Jo. So I had to separate Jo from Enya and Patrick and I bonded her with a Rex called Hal. When we lost Hal Jo went on to bond with Rodney. Sadly Rodney passed away a few months ago. By this stage Jo had developed severe arthritis in her hips and spine and she also developed otitis. As Harry was not bonded at this stage and they both had mobility issues I decided to slowly introduce them over several weeks. This worked very well and they became a devoted couple, never far from each others side

Over the last week Harry deteriorated rapidly and Jo began to go off her hind legs. She also had another ear infection. Me and C talked at length about what would be the kindest thing to do for them and we both agreed that PTS was the only humane option. Harry and Jo passed away side by side at 1120hrs this morning. They both passed peacefully, C made sure of that

Farewell for now Harry and Jo, thank you for sharing your lives with me. I will never forget you and I will always love you xx

What wonderful stories and a beautiful tribute to your expertise and kindness. They both came from horrible situations until they found the love of you, Jane. Your expertise, dedication, sacrifice, and persistence made it possible for two bunnies to find love with you and with each other, right until the end.

Your story brought a flood of tears to my eyes, so I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling at the loss of friends you nurtured for so long.

Thank you all so much for your posts and PMs, I am pretty much at the limit of my 'coping' abilities now, as you can probably imagine :cry:

This is my final photo of Harry and Jo, it was taken about an hour before they passed away yesterday morning

:cry:

Thank you all so much for your posts and PMs, I am pretty much at the limit of my 'coping' abilities now, as you can probably imagine :cry:

This is my final photo of Harry and Jo, it was taken about an hour before they passed away yesterday morning

:cry:

They are so lovely. I am so sorry for your losses.

Binky free Harry and Jo, its tragically beautiful that they got to pass side by side after living so happily together xx

a lovely tribute :love: although i can imagine the pain of losing two rabbits together, how wonderful also that they could go over the bridge together x

Oh the lovelies :cry: Jo looks so precious leaning on Harry.
I am so sorry, Jane. But you did the right thing giving them peace together. I'm sorry, I know it hurts terribly.
Hold on, dear friend. We are all standing with you. xxxxxxx

What lovely stories and gorgeous photos :) I am so sorry for your losses, Jane: I cannot imagine how hard it is to lose two family members (for all the right reasons) who have been in your life for so long, who you have cared for and who have no doubt cared for you back in their own special ways. The very best of wishes for you today and the next few days.

That is a beautiful tribute to two wonderful rabbits. They were blessed to have you come into their lives.

Goodnight Harry and Jo, sleep well little ones. xx

Last edited:
Oh dear so much sadness at the moment :(

I'm so sorry Jane that you have lost Harry and Jo :cry:

Binky Forever free together all well again at the Bridge precious ones xxxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you Jane xxxx

Back