• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moody, looks upset / unhappy!

Kelly11

Warren Scout
I was after some advice on my bun daisy!

so bit of a background shes 7 and a half years old and shes known as madam daisy! shes never been a dead bouncey bun shes a madam very much in charge but strong as hell when it comes to operations and illnesses! no issues after a dental op and her spay!

she lots her companion last year dillon who was a right softy! so she was in charge! he was very laid back! we then had her bonded with noel hes 2 and very happy energetic loves life and binkies all the time!!!!!! theyve been together for over a year

past few months we noticed daisy seemed very unhappy and just a bit down ... we had her checked out at vets xrays and test and nothing she was eatign drinking pooin fine so told just to keep an eye on her ...... now shes perked up a bit (she had some gut stims so prob helped) but she still seems unhappy .... she turns her back to us alot..... noel chases her a lot no in an aggressive way he just wants to play and she gets scared now and puts chin on the floor or looks scared whereas in the past she use to just run off! she looks moody some times and just unhappy and i dont know what to do!
shes eatign drinkin and she still sleeps next to noel they groom eachother and shes pooin weeing ... i just feel like an awful bunny mum i just want her to be happy!!! and feel shes not....

they have a bit hutch and run with toys in all day - even ordered a bigger run as noel likes to run alot!!!! just at a loss as i dont know if shes just older and tired and a bit moody - like i said shes always been a bit of a madam but just seems to have got worse past few months xxxxxxxxxxx

I just came across your thread now and wanted to bump it up so someone who might be able to make some suggestions might see this.
It is possible that she could be feeling her age and is just grumpy. Did the vet check her for signs of arthritis?

I don't think anyone would be able to give you a direct answer as to why she seems to have changed. After reaading your thread a couple of times the only thing I can come up with, if it isn't health related, is once she was boss but now her new friend is more dominant and she is just acting more submissive. It might not be this at all, but just keep an eye on her. Perhaps at 7 you wouldn't expect her to be charging around like her 2 yr old friend, maybe.

Back