• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Toby

M1cha3la

New Kit
I lost my best friend yesterday :cry: I got home from work and found him in his cage, I am heartbroken.

I only recently found and joined the forum as I was concerned about Toby. Thank you so much to everyone that replied to my threads, both welcoming me and giving advice (hugs).

I cant help but blame myself for this, Toby was only on meds for a week, was it those that killed him? Was it his time anyway? My mind is going through a million senarios, but most of all I just feel guilt. He died alone, and that is the worst feeling in the world.

Ive called in sick today, I know my boss is not happy but I dont care. I need to try and sort out his cage and things, it's a sad day.

RIP little man 💔

image.jpg2_zpseaqc9pok.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

It's not your fault. You took him to the vets when he was poorly and did everything possible to make him comfortable.

I've just had a look at your other posts and as has already been said, metacam is fine unless a rabbit has kidney problems.

The feeling of guilt will subside with time - the what ifs and maybes still pop up for me after 2 years, but you'll learn to cope.

He was a beautiful boy and clearly loved very much.

Binky Free Toby. Hugs to you.xxxxxx

I'm so sorry you lost Toby. He was a fine lad, and you did nothing at all that could have hastened his leaving. So please don't blame yourself at all.

Run free Toby :love:

I am so sorry you lost your handsome Toby. I originally joined when one of my bunnies was unwell and I was seeing a vet but sadly she didn't make it either. We all blame ourselves, but it wasn't your fault, you were doing the very best for Toby,

So very sorry you have lost Toby - he was beautiful. It's not your fault at all, you did the best for him, it's just very unfortunate. There are so many loses on RU at the moment - I feel for everyone going through this, I really do. Sending you hugs at such a horrid time. I, too, wouldn't be able go to work, so take no notice of how your boss behaves. xxx

I am so sorry you have lost Toby. :cry: Please do not blame yourself, sadly sometimes no matter how we try we cannot always make them better.

Sleep well Toby. xx

Back