• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Harvey's eye ulcers

Thank you so much everyone!! :love:

He is doing really well bless him and we can't thank you enough for all your support and vibes! We have another couple of weeks ahead us, but As you can see him & honey certainly do have such a hard life! Lol! :lol:

The whole experience has really opened my eyes.. And yeah like you scrappy's little helper - the thoughts of other people going through a similar experience is heart breaking, this is why she has got to be stopped!!

Even though he's currently being seen by the referral vets, I know this sounds silly, but I still don't let them hold him.. And even taking him to be weighed, I won't leave his side. He is either wrapped up like a burrito or he is in my arms. It's certainly going to take me a long long time to ever trust a vet again! But of course I will keep you updated on any news. In the meantime he's got his little sister who has never left his side and have such an amazing bond together Xx

I'm really glad Harvey's eye is improving. He seems like such a sweet boy.

That last photo :lol: How can that possibly be comfortable Honey?

Thank you so much.. And although he's recently chewed our rather expensive leather bed & curtains, he's still my angel and a complete cuddle monster! :)

Hahaha, I know, she is a complete nut case, some of the positions she lies are mental, but they do make me laugh!! :lol:

I'm shocked that they're still lying! Definitely want to keep up to date with anything re the vets. You should always feel like you can trust your vet with your animal and for them to have taken away that trust from you is awful

I'm so glad that Harvey is doing better and that his ulcers are healing well. And good luck with your continued complaint, too, I'm glad you've made them squirm, and think, and hopefully be better.

Back