• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding update

So my pair ralph and norma having been living together in the pen for the past 2 weeks, there is still a bit of mounting and nipping/ digging at the female from the male, i assume this is normal? They have been snuggling and grooming lots! They have had free time together out of the pen to run round and to my surprise went really well. I am just scared to move them out into the females old house before they were together but i dont know if this is a bad idea maybe it would be better to get a new one? Anyway i think i finally have a pair of bonded bunnies!

Each pair of bunnies is slightly different so this might be normal for them. They have made 2 weeks without anything major happeneing untoward so yes I think you can safely say you have 2 bonded bunnies. It's always best to put newly bonded rabbits in totally different housing if that is possible, but if not they should be ok in the female's original home as long as it has been cleaned as well as possible.

I think ralph is just a bossy boots! And likes to remind norma hes the boss it was really bad at the beginning but now is just ocassionally so hopefully will fizzle out! Ok i think ill get a new home for them just to be on the safe side and its a fresh start for them both then! Yaaaaay i thought id never get them bonded!!

Back