• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wait for me at The Bridge Meggie Moo

I am so so sorry you lost your beautiful Meggie. You did do your best, its the grief that makes you blame yourself. Very sad news.:cry::cry::cry:

you didn't let her down! Meggie was loved, and spoilt and she knew about it, you didn't do a thing wrong at all, it's just unfortunate she passed this way :( she was really sweet when I met her xx

I'm so sorry to hear this, I know what its like to lose a precious friend in this way. :cry: Its heart breaking, she will always be with you. Sending hugs xxx

I'm sorry :( I know how you feel about feeling cheated for her dying before her time but she was clearly very loved and had a wonderful 10 years. :love: Sometimes that's the only thing you can possibly do.

Run free Meggie xx

Oh no, I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(:( I'm sure you didn't let Meggie down; you said yourself that she wouldn't have shown many symptoms so be kind to yourself.

RIP Meggie x

So sorry to hear this, I know how you are feeling and you must be heartbroken. We lost our cocker spaniel at the beginning of May to liver cancer and we didn't even know she was ill until it was too late and she was her normal self till the end, plus she was only 6 x

I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost your beautiful Meggie. :cry: Thinking of you. xx

Goodnight Meggie, sleep well xx

Oh no!!! So desperately sorry to hear this. Really devastated for you. Please don't feel you did anything wrong. She had a gorgeous life with you and no one could have protected her from what was coming.

RIP lovely girl. :cry:

Oh wow :( I am not around here much these days but I am incredibly, so so sorry for your loss :cry: take care of yourself.

Sweet dreams Meggie xxxx

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure and unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person.

Because of "just a dog," I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog," but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile--because they "just don't understand."

Last edited:
Back