• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question ?

Panjanda

Alpha Buck
Hi just a quick question, just wondered if any of you have ever taken your rabbits on holiday with you ?
And if so did it work out ok ?
Thank you :thumb:

yes rosie and mowgli, smuggled them in :shock::lol: took them to caravan, couldn't leave mowgli as he was on meds, I took playpen side panels set up little area in bedroom by side of bed, they loved it, but where not the type of rabbit to stress over journeys

I have taken Bunnie and Clyde on vacation and holiday get aways many times. But they love it. The hop about the car as me and Nicky drive. We neer go anywhere we can not drive so they may come with us. But Jessica and Roger rabbit, as well as bass and the late treble cleft were no good with travel. So I always board them with a friend of mine who has rabbit experience and owns 1 of her own. It just depends on the Bun really. Some like it and some despise it. You just have to figure out which one your bun is wether rambling bun, or stay home bun. And when you take them to the vet, which I hope you do watch their reaction. If they hate to ride, then there you have it. I hope that this will help in some way.

yes rosie and mowgli, smuggled them in :shock::lol: took them to caravan, couldn't leave mowgli as he was on meds, I took playpen side panels set up little area in bedroom by side of bed, they loved it, but where not the type of rabbit to stress over journeys

Thank you my Marley is so attached to me and went into boarding for a week recently , it took him a week to get back to his old self when returning home.
I'm away just for two nights soon and staying in a friends caravan so not sure if coming with me would prove more stressful.
It's a two and a half hour drive to the site and he is a Belgian Hare so not a small rabbit x

I have taken Bunnie and Clyde on vacation and holiday get aways many times. But they love it. The hop about the car as me and Nicky drive. We neer go anywhere we can not drive so they may come with us. But Jessica and Roger rabbit, as well as bass and the late treble cleft were no good with travel. So I always board them with a friend of mine who has rabbit experience and owns 1 of her own. It just depends on the Bun really. Some like it and some despise it. You just have to figure out which one your bun is wether rambling bun, or stay home bun. And when you take them to the vet, which I hope you do watch their reaction. If they hate to ride, then there you have it. I hope that this will help in some way.
Thank you, he has only been in the car a couple of times to the vets and rabbit boarding and he was in a carrier in the boot so hard to say if he enjoyed it, probably not if I'm honest.

Fidget loves to travel in the car, almost seems disappointed when we get to the vets 5mins away. If we still had our caravan I think I would definitely take her with us.

I suggest putting you buns cage in the backseat orpassege seat facing you so that you can monitor how she reacts to riding. And so you can can to them. But my buns free range travel, lol.

I think it depends entirely on the individual Rabbit's personality regardless of their breed. Some of my Rabbits would be fine, some would probably not live to tell the tale.

If he is a stressy Rabbit then he may be better remaining at home and you could perhaps get a Pet Sitter in for 48 hours ? But you know his character best so you are really the only person in a position to judge what will work best for him :)

I suggest putting you buns cage in the backseat orpassege seat facing you so that you can monitor how she reacts to riding. And so you can can to them. But my buns free range travel, lol.

Yes I may try some short journeys with him and see how he goes, not sure I'm brave enough to let him free range in the car.....does your bun not poo in the car ?

I always take their litter box. While there may be a few pebbles here and there on the floor. They use their litter box just as they do in the house. But Bunnie and Clyde do not travel well in crates. They get very stressed out in a crate, But outside a crate and they are happy relaxed Bunnies.

Back