• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting the litter tray!

Mrs Carr

Warren Scout
So Buddy has a new obsession! he's decided his litter tray needs some serious discipline. He has two of them, a big lidded tray for when he's got the run of the flat and a small corner one in his cage for when we have to shut him in and it's the smaller one he seems to have taken objection to.

He's taken to dragging it into the middle of his cage and flipping it over on it's side but not in a playful way, it's like he REALLY wants to hurt it and even growled at it this morning before he started beating it up. Weirdly enough tho, I have just watched him pull it back upright so he can jump in for a pee!!!! so he's obviously not decided he's scared of it.

I'm guessing he's just turning into a big boy bunny and the hormones are starting to kick in, does that sound about right to anyone? and is there any way to try and discourage him from doing it? or am I stuck with it until he goes off to be neutered. Not going to lie, it makes me giggle watching him BUT if there IS a way to stop him it would save me a lot of cleaning time.

My nethie Pie took objection to the corner tray and kept tiping it up :roll: I got one that attached to the bars once she decided she couldn't move it she left it alone took a few days of her trying tho it's was both cute and annoying :lol:

it IS funny to watch him, he is currently doing the bunny 500 around the living room, bouncing into his cage, beating up the litter tray then off round the room again, he's having the time of his life but OMG there is litter and poop everywhere :lol: I just KNOW the electric company is going to pick today to come read the meter and think I live in a rabbit poop infested home

I think that Buddy just being creative with his playing! My set ups all have a litter tray per rabbit plus an extra one for digging and playing with. So far so good. Mind you they are all in sheds so the house doesnt suffer.

A load of regularly replaced objects to play with could help. Mine all adore shredding and exploring cardboard boxes. Good luck.

Back