Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with my new bunny. -- Poo and Wee update

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    It's difficult isn't it? Once they get it into their heads that a comfy bed is to wee on, it's hard to turn back the clock.

My upstairs bunny has comfy beds and he sleeps on them. My downstairs oldies wee on their comfies and I have to top them with vet bed so they don't lie in wee

When you find out the solution - please spread it around
    I thought that was the problem. Sorry - will get back to my furniture restoration.

I'm another one who's rabbits have never used comfy beds for anything other than a toilet. Maybe it is little Poppy who is the smart/rare one.
    "All animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." -- Samuel Butler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    I thought that was the problem. Sorry - will get back to my furniture restoration.

ooops

Oh maybe it's a thing then, poor Poppy with her peey bed . Well I have a new bed but she hasn't a bed whilst I'm at work today as it was in the dryer when I left for work. I have a nice new one and pads so hopefully she will get some dry time to have a lie down .

Haha Yes I am trying not to spread it around
    Click here to see the bunnies available for homes at Underhill Rabbit Rescue

REW bunnies are home and they're all gorgeous

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014
    Underhill Rabbit Rescue fundraising for Everest page (click here)

They're lovely together So glad they were instant friends! Is it karma that you have different problems, do you think?
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

They look lovely together

My Willow always loved her comfy fleece and beds, when the boys came.. aaaaargghhhhh, it was pee here, pee there, pee anywhere that was comfy...

It was a headache.... We had to resort to removing it all...... I also washed the bedding in white vinegar, I expect you've done that too,,,.?

Good luck...

Fee x
    Floppy, Smudge, Bramble, Willow, Chewy, Obi
    ❤️💙💜💚❤️💛💔

yeah for all the trouble I saved on bonding Alana is making up for it with poo and wee

I have had some bad news today about one of my rescues, but I am going to try and be positive and think about Alana and Poppy.

Well I popped down the new bed with a towel and puppy pad on (which made Poppy happy ) and then spend most of the evening going in picking up poo and popping it in the extra tray I had added. I got up about 5.30 for a wee and stuck my head in and they were okay, no wee on bed other than a very slight bit on the very edge (looked more like an unaimed wee from somewhere else) and not a lot of poo about. Although at 7.30 there seem to be a lot more poo about which I placed in the other litter tray and a couple of spots of wee on the carpet which I got up with a bit of white vinegar. Poppy seemed to like the new bed too, a couple of pics from when I was peeping.

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014

Banned

Oh love her

So sorry to hear about one of your other Rescues xx

Back to topic - bonding can be poo city, can't it

Thank you, she is so cute and just such a gentle rabbit

I know, I am shocked at how much poo is about, I am hoping it will stop soon

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana

Naughty bunnies! If you can find out how to do it please let me know. Len and Piglet were quite well litter trained until they went outside and then Len got poorly so we had to bring them back indoors. Now they seem to have reverted and sleep in their litter tray and pee and poo all over the floor of their cage. Thankfully we rarely have any deposits when they are free to roam!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk