• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nipping ...

Hi

I posted a few months ago about my two female rabbits fighting, since then they have been spayed in January and rebounded successfully. They now live in a shed with hutch inside open so they have lots if room to run and jump around with access to a full garden. However on Monday they had a full blown fight which happened from nowhere, one minute playing happily in the garden the next two very viscous and aggressive rabbits. I successfully separated them and have partitioned the shed in two, with a mesh divider. Not very practical or roomy for me and the buns. Today I brought them into the kitchen to have a mini bonding sessio, Monty immediately went for George nipping and biting her bum. Then chasing her round the room. I have read everywhere that this is her trying to exert her dominance. George now is very skittish around her and nervous. And don't know whether the bonding will actually work. I feel so disheartened by the whole thing as the were getting on great since they had been spayed and rebonded for at least 5 months. I wondered whether it could be the hot weather making Monty grumpy?

Thanks Jenni, George and Monty x

Oh forgot to mention the onlput change that's happened was I took the windows out and fitted mesh ones because of the warm weather but don't think this would have made her cranky? X

I really can't tell you why they have fought, it could be many things. If you feel they might never get on again, if you have the space and the resources, you could get a neutered male to keep them in check. They all 3 would have to be introduced ina neutral aarea. Hope you can sort something out.

Are either of them under the weather at all? Sometimes if one is ill the other one will pick on the weakness.

Thanks for the reply, they don't seem to be just laying around a lot but I think thats due to the heat. I'll see if I can get in the vets today. Both have drank and eaten and been to the loo so I just don't know. I shall keep you updated. Thanks again x

We have two does who are spayed sisters. They would not live together. This year we adopted a male and now all three of them live together happily.

Back