• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Sigh*.....................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
A recent Freead

I have to sell the kids rabbit because it has no life being stuck in a cage all the time due to my dogs, they have already caught it once and the rabbit ended up on a drip but pulled through. It's not fair he needs space. He doesn't really get on with other rabbits and do have an indoor cage but to be fair it's not all that because the dogs keep head butting it ect to get at the rabbit.
He is like a cat and gets on really well with our cat.

Is there a cure for stupidity ?

'Polite' email sent, awaiting the usual tirade of abuse as a reply.

It's so sad. If people really made an effort they could build a nice home where the dogs couldn't bother him, get him a friend, etc. But no, they won't do that.

At least they realise that it is not fair on the rabbit and are doing something about it, and they did get it appropriate treatment after it was attacked. Many wouldn't have bothered. Poor bunny. Hope they do a homecheck and it ends up in a happier home.

I will never understand the stupidity of some people.Even if they know absolutely nothing about rabbits surely common sense...words fail me.:evil:

Edit; seen it.Heartbreaking.:cry:

Last edited:
I don't understand, dogs can be trained. I have 3 dogs (2 x whippets and I x miniature dachshund) and have trained them so they don't butt the rabbit run etc. they now sniff each other happily. Would never ever leave them unattended with run etc open, but fine when I am around.

Badger my miniature dachshund is actually quite scared of Willow my conti/lion head cross..

Very sad, hope poor bun finds a new home.

Back