• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunny- 03-06-2007 - 22-06-2015

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper

Schmunny!

Hello lovely. I’m so sorry it’s taken me a few days to have the time to write you a quality tribute. I hope it’s worth the wait. I think though, it was too quick, too much of a shock, and, even now, I’ve not properly digested it.

You, as you know, were the product of something I’d never do again, but, at the time, was the most important thing in my life; ensuring that Flash’s, Sky’s, Moon’s genes lived on.

Sandy and Sky created seven of you, and somehow, Sandy the Superhero managed to raise you all. You were all healthy and all bright and all a pain in the ****, with your very different characteristics.

You were the only girl. 1 girl, in amongst 6 boys. You were, even at that age, very anti handling, but very pro interaction- pretty much how you stayed for the next eight years. You didn’t want to me to touch you, but you’d very happily sit and lick me. You learned that I reacted if you bit my skin, and so nail clipping was a hilarious challenge.

You were a bunny bunny and liked people, but were destined to be bonded with other bunnies, and soon after Dawn and Hope were neutered, you were all bonded together- that was December 2007. You were spayed shortly after, making a hero’s recovery (I’ve never had a bunny recover as quick as you did), meaning that the bond you all had was firm and solid.

So, you became ‘The Swarming’. You all very clearly had characteristics, and you were the brains behind any act of cheekiness. It always, always went like this. You would find something you wanted to investigate (be it another room, down the stairs, a way to get through a barrier, etc, etc). You’d start the process but, being cleverer than the others, would go and find someone too stupid who would investigate for you, and you could follow behind- this would always be poor, lovable, stupid Dawn. Then, once you’d both gotten wherever you were trying to go, you’d go and ‘collect’ poor, detached Hope, so he could come and partake in whatever mischievousness was going on.

You guys were what a bonded group of siblings should be like. You weren’t loved up, but you were always alongside each other, entirely devoted and loyal, although you did bicker a bit, every so often.

This is exactly what a trio should be like (in my opinion). This is a video of the three of you, and how you were.

You guys were bonded the longest of all the bunnies I’ve ever had bonded and that’s right and fitting. And then, last November, you guys lost Hope.

You seemed lost without the little oddball, and used to sleep with a Hope shaped gap in between you. Was he actually there? Who knows.

Over time, you and Dawn became closer and closer, and the bickering eased and you were, very clearly, a duo.

You had been ailing for a long time, with your abscesses and arthritis, your dodgy stomach and I had been watching your breathing for a long time. But, you were always happy. You even learned to take your meds from me without biting me into oblivion. Success! You had some nasty bouts, which we think were arthritis and they meant you were admitted into the vets for fluids, meds, etc. You always overcame them. You made it to eight, and we all celebrated, outside, on the grass, in the big run, and you loved it.

Each morning, you were the first bunny I greeted. ‘Schmunny!’ and you’d come bounding over. You’d run backwards and forwards until you got your craisin (not knowing your meds were inside). It was such a nice positive way to start the day.

However, last Monday, you didn’t move and when I went to you, you couldn’t move. When you did move, you were entirely reluctant to move your legs. I would guess that you hurt your back or hips, like you usually did, only this time, it was infinitely worse. I medicated you up and spoke to the vet. He said to give an extra dose of Tramadol at 1pm, which mum did, and we would give you until tomorrow morning to see if you could improve. By the time I got home, Dawn was in the corner, his back to you, and your breathing was horrid. I made that call and made the appointment.

Something in your respiratory system was failing. You were weakening.

You were very peaceful at the vets, desperate to be in my arms (what a huge contrast from life). You snuggled comfortably, and then slipped off to sleep very peacefully. I’ve had a lot of deaths, Sunny, but never one as clear as yours. ‘blink blink blink’ and you went. I could pinpoint that very exact moment you went.

When we brought you home, Dawn was not interested. He already knew.

He’s been so, so sad but thankfully, missy, he is now picking up. He binkies and runs again. I’ve been giving him your craisin and he likes that.

I certainly miss my clever girl in the mornings. My room is not quite as bright as it used to be.

You were the second of the seven to go, and it doesn’t get easier. I have a sunnybunny shaped hole in my life at the moment.

As I type, you’re at the crem, and your ashes are being mixed in the same pouch as Hope’s and you guys will be together for eternity. When Dawn leaves, his will be mixed too. You’ll be coming home tomorrow.

I feel this tribute is a hollow one, and for that, I’m sorry. I just wasn’t expecting it. Not one bit. You were never on my list of ‘might die today’. And yet you did. I can’t process it.

Please know though, you brought a lot of life and sun into my life, and, with all your braininess, drove me crazy and made me laugh.

I miss you deeply, and Dawn misses you deeply, but we both, for sure, hope you’re with Hope and hope you’re both ok.

Much love lady,

Tx

Sunny - you were a stunningly beautiful bunny. I am so sorry for your sad loss. Binky free Sunny xxx

That's a beautiful tribute to a very much loved bunny.

Comforting nose rubs for Dawn x

Binky free Sunny with your Hope at the bridge xx

It is a beautiful tribute, perfect for a stunning rabbit with such character. I am so very sorry for the loss of Sunny. :cry:
Thinking of you and sending comforting vibes and hugs. A special snuggle also sent for wee Dawn.
Binky free Sunny. xxxxx

Back