• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

they had a fight

Rita

Warren Scout
i let the boys out of the cattery for their run around in the garden, which they do every day, but today i went out to feed the chickens and it all kicked off with the boys, Toffee chased Biscuit all over the garden and then he started fighting pulling lots of fur off Biscuit, who didn't retaliate.
i managed to catch them and put them back into the cattery with all the food i had foraged for them. the only thing i have done different today was clean out their house and put in all new stuff, and i was later feeding them their forage food. i have been sitting in with them for 1/2 hour and they are now eating and now sleeping together. what should i do. should i separate them or will they settle down together again. they have both been neutered. i am now really worried about them.

any advice would be welcomed, i will be going to bed in about hour. i keep going out to watch them, so far they seem to be ok. should i leave them together over night.

I'd leave them (maybe set a very early alarm to check on them in the night) as long as there was no significant injury & as you say they are close now. Good luck

Oh my goodness, bunnies eh!
I have a bonded pair, been bonded about 2 years, and every now and again my girl will chase my boy for no apparent reason, sometimes when they are free ranging in the garden, and sometimes, like just now, in their usual run. There seems no rhyme or reason for it, but bunnies don't seem to hold a grudge, and as soon as it stops (or is stopped) both buns carry on as if nothing has happened.
If they have been ok since the incident, I think they will be ok. Just keep an eye the next few days.
I have heard about buns picking on another bun if they sense the other bun is ill in some way. This doesn't seem to be the case with my buns, and I'm sure it's not with yours, but as I said just keep an eye on them to make sure all is well.
Now go to sleep! :)

willow and Smudge were inseparable BUT if i let them frre range in the garden Willow would go for Smudge and become almost territorial...

If i put them together again, they'd be fine...

Bunnies are strange wee creatures... Unsure what you can do but perhaps the change prior to letting them out unsettled them?

Good luck
Fee x

thank you all for your advice. i did get up early to check them, all seems well.
i was a little hesitant in letting them out this evening (now the rain has stopped) and all went well, running around happily. not sure if something spooked them which started Toffee to pitch into Biscuit but all is well again. thank goodness. they are certainly strange creature. but glad they are mates again. :D

I think it's like us really, we have arguments with our oh and then are friends again - bunnies are no different, I think they have arguments just cos sometimes. My Smokie used to pick on Archie for no reason sometimes, but sometimes he deserved it for repeated humping!!!

Back