• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on 2nd rabbit...

Laura325630

Young Bun
Hi all, Blossom the bunny is now an outdoor rabbit. She just didnt seem happy indoors and would get out at every chance she had! She would try to pick up her metal run with her teeth to get out!!

Im hoping to get her a friend so that she isnt lonely and to snuggle with when its chilly.

She is a 6 months old and has just been spayed. I have read that Im best off getting a male but am I better to get a baby rabbit, one her age or older? She is a mini lop so should I stick with that breed? I would rather get a rescue rabbit but there arent many mini lop or French lops near here if any :(

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. The last thing I want to do is to get a rabbit that she will not bond with.

Ps - Im looking at chicken coops/large hutches for them both. While bonding they will be in separate hutches.

Any age or breed would be fine to bond with her, rescues will usually have more than one prospective partner that she can be tried with. I would check the dimensions of chicken coops, they are often too small for rabbits. Most rescues will want a minimum of the rwaf guideline minimum area of 44 sq ft of permanently available space - 6ftx2ft hutch and attached 8ftx4ft run. A shed or playhouse with run is much better then you can sit inside with them :thumb:

Back