• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutralising

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
[This is all speculative as who knows if Lopsy and Bluebell will be back on Monday, but we're staying optimistic hoping that all goes to plan :D And no harm in forward planning!]

When Lopsy comes back with his wifebun, they'll be going straight into the new, un-Lopsy-ed bunny house (play/wendy house) which is entirely neutral (except maybe a bit of carpet: see below). I expect I will leave them just in the bunny house for a couple of days and then do some supervised work with the puppy pen, then the little metal run and then finally the current full-access run + supervised pen setup until the wooden run arrives.

My question is: what do I need to neutralise? Do I need to neutralise the runs? Obviously there are toys and tubes which need doing, but there are also some (a cloth tube, the old digging box, now litter tray) which Lopsy hasn't had since March or April, so do they need doing? And there's that bit of carpet I mentioned: it was a loose bit that we put over the side of the run while he was upstairs but it came off early February and has been in the garage ever since: should I be worried about that?

I would be tempted to ditch the carpet to be honest. Going to be very hard to neutralise and seeing as the Wendy house is all new I wouldn't want to risk it. Toys/tunnels etc are much easier to do. I would definitely do the runs though.

Thanks :) I might try and swap it out for a different piece in that case. He never really touched it as it was up the side but I know how animal scent sometimes works XD I'm unsure how to neutralise the cloth cat tunnel I have, but I might just hand-rinse it in the vinegar solution when I do the other things. All his towels are in the wash today ready so I just need to do the litter tray this evening as I'm away this weekend. The cat tunnel can wait if necessary, but if I have time I'll do it. I don't want to overwhelm them with toys! Equally the cat tree isn't going in until I'm sure we're all OK with the litter tray for wees!

How about leaving out the cloth tunnel & more difficult to neutralise pieces until their bond is established? I'd definitely bin the carpet too. i hope it all goes well

Mmm, good idea about just leaving it: they don't NEED the cloth tunnel now :) I've got a towel I can replace the carpet with for now so I'll pop that in once it's dry (so about 8pm this evening ;P).

Back