• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi from Alberta!

Fender09

New Kit
Hi there. I'm considering getting a rabbit. I love flemish giants. What I'd like to know is how much attention do they need? What size of indoor enclosure do they need? And could I take them camping with me? I bring my sugar gliders camping and they love it but I don't know how a rabbit would do. Also, my rabbit would be roaming my bedroom for the day not its enclosure. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome :wave:

Rabbits are very social so you'd be best off getting two really, the best pairing is a castrated male and spayed female. If you do get two they then won't need as much attention as they will keep each other company, although the majority of rabbits don't enjoy being handled and 'cuddled' I think most still enjoy some attention and nose rubs although I think it depends on each individual rabbit. Two of my rabbits don't particularly care for my attention but I still enjoy being around them, whereas I did have a bunny who loved being around me. They need plenty of space, especially giants, I'm not sure what size enclosure would be big enough for giants so I'd just say having them free range in a room would be best if you take care to rabbit proof it. I don't think most rabbits would enjoy camping tbh, most don't do well with travelling and I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to keep them in a large enough space whilst camping.

Back