• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Best type of carrier to go to vets!

daisymaisy

Young Bun
Sorry - didn't know whether to post here or in housing.

Just wondering what type of carrier is best for getting two mini lops to and from the vets. Both going to be neutered in a few weeks, and don't think what I'm using will be big enough for them both post-op. The vet that did their vaccinations mentioned that my carrier might not be the most ideal, as they have nowhere to hide. I did originally look at cat carriers, but their doors were all fidly. Is there something better on the market, or something I could make? What I have already looks a bit like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LIVING-ANIMAL-RABBIT-HOLIDAY-CARRIER/dp/B00Q4WIB86

I just have a p@h value carrier which works for me - it has a front door or you can lift the top half off if its unclipped :)

Not sure if that would work for 2 buns though, I tend to just herd Fergie through the front door and I imagine that would be much harder with 2 to get in!

If you're in UK rabbit group on Facebook someone put a post about a good one on there last week I think, I'll see if I can find it :)

35c3mrm.jpg

Someone recommended this on Facebook, it fits 2 buns it and looks pretty! :) I think I'd probably put a towel over it in the vets though

I've got the Catit Cabrio (three in fact) posted by Holhol above. I can totally recommend them - they open at the top and front, have a non-slip rubber floor and are a good size for 2 adult rabbits. They also come in grey and orange/grey :)

Another vote for the Cabrio. Fits 2 fair sized bunnies and has the advantage of opening right up at the top so it's very easy to get buns in and out.

Carrier arrived yesterday - I went with the Nobby one too tulsi (thank you for posting the link). Well impressed with it, and got good price at zooplus :)

Back