• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mysterious vague symptoms.

She's eaten a little carrot unaided today which is good but they're still feeding her and reluctant to let her home as she's got a bit of stasis going on and her mouth is clearly very sore. They've had to separate her and Noakey to monitor her properly. When they did put them together he got over excited and humped her. I hope on some level she understood he was pleased to see her!
FHB rang me this morning and Scarlet is doing as well as she expected so that's positive. She might be home tomorrow but Frances said she may need to be in a while.
I want her home, but I trust Frances and Scarlet is a little trooper. Noakey gets lots of fuss when he's there. He usually comes home with trimmed feet.

She's eaten a little carrot unaided today which is good but they're still feeding her and reluctant to let her home as she's got a bit of stasis going on and her mouth is clearly very sore. They've had to separate her and Noakey to monitor her properly. When they did put them together he got over excited and humped her. I hope on some level she understood he was pleased to see her!
FHB rang me this morning and Scarlet is doing as well as she expected so that's positive. She might be home tomorrow but Frances said she may need to be in a while.
I want her home, but I trust Frances and Scarlet is a little trooper. Noakey gets lots of fuss when he's there. He usually comes home with trimmed feet.

I hope that Scarlet will soon be less sore and able to come home. I am sure you must miss them both, but at least you know they are receiving A* care xx

Having met Frances, I would be 100% confident in her too :D

Trimmed feet eh? How useful! I hope Scarlet gets better soon and can come home.

No real improvement today so she's staying in. She's back with Noakes now though so hopefully that will help. Review again tomorrow.

No real improvement today so she's staying in. She's back with Noakes now though so hopefully that will help. Review again tomorrow.

I really hope that she will show some signs of improvement throughout the day. I am sure that having Noakes back with her will help xx

Always good to have your man by your side :D

I love the names Scarlet and Noakes. Really original as bunny names!

I do hope Scarlet improves .... :thumb:

He's Orinoco, but we call him Noakes, or Noakeybum. He was part of a litter born at BARC and they were all named after wombles. MissNikNak has his brother Tobermory.
We didn't change the rescue names they'd both had.
We may try bringing her home tomorrow to see if she'll eat here. I can take them back if she doesn't. I'm away Tuesday to Friday for work and my husband can't syringe feed or do meds.

He's Orinoco, but we call him Noakes, or Noakeybum. He was part of a litter born at BARC and they were all named after wombles. MissNikNak has his brother Tobermory.
We may try bringing her home tomorrow to see if she'll eat here. I can take them back if she doesn't. I'm away Tuesday to Friday for work and my husband can't syringe feed or do meds.

Oh I remember The BARC Wombles :love: I didn't realise you had adopted one. You never know, Scarlet may feel more inclined to eat at home. Hope so xx

I do hope you manage to get her home and she starts to eat ... Good luck with that :thumb:

I am beyond relieved. She's bright, alert and seems fine. She's drinking from the bowl and had her meds. She seems very happy.

Back