Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to find a home for a rabbit. Sorted! :D

Wise Old Thumper

Default Need to find a home for a rabbit. Sorted! :D

I went round my friend's house today.

Left, devastated. Beautiful, GORGEOUS bunny (called Sky). She's about 3-4 years old, she's a looooooooooong bunny. Not spayed, but nosey and interested in life. I found her easy to handle (my friend tells me she is hard to handle though). Beautiful markings- like a grey sable marten.

In a tiny hutch, no food, no hay, just shavings, and poo. A green water bottle.

I sorted her out and gave my friend a reality check, but she doesn't belong to my friend. She belongs to her 19 year old step daughter, who is not doing what she needs to. No one else seems willing, or able, to, so I asked my friend, if I could find her another home, would they let her go? And she said they would, because it was best for the bunny.

They offered her to me about a year ago and I couldn't take her. Now I feel like I've let her down, but I have enough here to be dealing with.

Er, help? Can anyone help with this?
    Last edited by Sky-O; 31-05-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    PLEASE DONíT QUOTE MY POSTS IN ANY THREADS I START. Thank you

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Poor Sky I hope someone can offer some advice for you.

I would talk to some of the folks on here, with their established rescues/sanctuaries they will have good contacts and can maybe match someone local. You can also contact local vets most are willing and able to find good homes (for example if a pet is recently lost and they know that person gave good care or knows they have space).

Can perhaps also pop this up in the Rehoming Thread with the location.

It is ashame to hear this, though even if it's for a daughter/son it's still as much their responsibility so I think they are doing the right thing to say they will happily offer Sky to a home should a good one emerge. I know, you know this, but as well don't feel you've let anyone down, if you don't realistically have the space then you can't really offer her anything different you're doing all you can for her thouh that's the main thing.

Banned

I hope someone can help you with Sky. What a coincidence she has your name, Sky-O

Whereabouts are you?

Would love to, but I'm not sure I really can. I am looking for a female friend for Lopsy but have nowhere to put her until she's spayed (plan is to move both bunnies into neutral bunny house) and I'm really scared of bonding too, though I know I can find help with that.

I may be able to help with transport though!

Best of luck.
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

definitely needs a rescue space and a neuter asap. What area?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I hope someone can help you with Sky. What a coincidence she has your name, Sky-O

Whereabouts are you?
    Duh, I forgot this part. Suffolk! But willing to travel.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky-O View Post
    Duh, I forgot this part. Suffolk! But willing to travel.
    Try Caroline at The Rabbit Residence: rabbit_residence@hotmail.com
    http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/

Wise Old Thumper

I have, I've also tried my other rabbity contacts, but to no avail, as yet.

Thanks guys. It's hard being the person people come to with rabbit dramas when you don't have the backup and connections behind you, that you used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky-O View Post
    I have, I've also tried my other rabbity contacts, but to no avail, as yet.

Thanks guys. It's hard being the person people come to with rabbit dramas when you don't have the backup and connections behind you, that you used to have.
    I might be able to help. I have a friend in Suffolk (Sudbury) so transport might not be a problem.

Need to know more - have some homes waiting for females and it doesn't concern me too much if there are any underlying health issues as I do have some permanent boys (dental) who need companionship.

Can you e-mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

and we can have a 'chat'