• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

recurring eye ulcers

Aurora had ulcers in both her eyes back in april which cleared up after she was put on fusidic eye drops. I noticed her eyes were running again yesterday so off we trotted to the vets this morning, and she has ulcers once again in both eyes and is receiving the same eye drops. Iwas just wondering what could be causing it. She lives with my two other buns and they haven't had any issues.

Has anyone any idea what could be causing them or been through anything similar with their rabbits?

Hi, My bunny is also going through treatment for his second ulcers in his eyes. So really interested to hear what people think?

Although my bun is on a slightly different anti-biotic eye drop but he is also on something called ocufen which is an anti-imflamtory eye drop which is really helping with us.

My vet seems to think it is brought on by stress which in my buns case is no surprise, but look forward to others thoughts and whether they do ever go?! My little man has had ulcers for over 6 weeks now.

Sending lots of vibes for your bun xx

Hi, My bunny is also going through treatment for his second ulcers in his eyes. So really interested to hear what people think?

Although my bun is on a slightly different anti-biotic eye drop but he is also on something called ocufen which is an anti-imflamtory eye drop which is really helping with us.

My vet seems to think it is brought on by stress which in my buns case is no surprise, but look forward to others thoughts and whether they do ever go?! My little man has had ulcers for over 6 weeks now.

Sending lots of vibes for your bun xx

thanks for replying, I've not heard it could be stressed related before but makes sense. I can't think of any changes that could have caused her to become stressed though. I hope your bun makes a swift recovery x

Back