• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anger problem

I'm assuming from your other thread that none of your rabbits are neutered? If so this will be the cause of them biting. Hormonal rabbits can get quite frustrated. I'd recommend getting them neutered, not only does it have benefits regarding behaviour and taming but also with health too. Female rabbits have a high risk of developing cancer of the uterus (I believe it's somewhere around 80%) so it is really important neutering them.

They may well have eyesight problems so you may need to help them learn how to feel safe. Rabbits don't do 'anger', but they do instinctual and situational aggression- which can be hormonal or fear related.

You need to adjust how you work with them, allowing them to feel safe with you.

Just because one is fine, doesn't mean to say that it can't be because the rabbit isn't neutered, this time of year they will be getting more hormonal and they are indviduals, so it's not unfeasable that this makes some rabbits more aggressive than the others. Basically, I wouldn't at this point rule anything out.

It would help if we had more information though; What do they do when you approach? Do you hear any sounds from them? When you say touch, where did you touch when they bit? How are they with each other?

It could really be a host of reasons;
- down to being hormonal
- having a pain
- being aggressive with each other can reflecting that back on others
- feeling territorial/threatened

More information could help :)

Back