• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny shed construction diary...

It looks fantastic! I'm really enjoying going through all these threads to get inspiration for moving mine outside. Can I ask where you got the shed from?

Thanks Tiger_lily. Shed is from the shed store. £225 for a 7 by 5 overlap shed but to be honest from the moment we built it I wished I'd gone for the slightly more expensive tongue and groove option!! It came with a floor though so that was a bonus. We did have to add quite a lot of extra batons to strengthen the structure though to that was a downside!! Over all though for a cheap shed it looks like it will do the job!!

Does it get cold in the winter where you are? What do you do for the winter to keep your buns comfortably warm. I have almost the same set up as you and I live where it gets fairly cold and I'm still debating options for winter.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hi Karlie. I'm in Southampton so probably one of the warmer parts of the UK. I intend to fill their hutch now with as much hay as I possibly can and maybe invest in a snugglesafe. I also have another hutch box that I might put it, but I think they'll be ok. Shed is all insulated and if it gets really cold I might consider some sort of low power safe heater to take the chill off but I think they should be fine once they've grown their winter coats.

Back