• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how to encourage rabbits to go down their ramp?

hoppet22

New Kit
so i just put my two rabbits in their new hutch, the run and hutch are joined by a ramp but they have both been in their for two days now and still havnt used the ramp, how do i encourage them to use it? i tried putting some lettuce leaves on it but that didnt work and i also tried putting them into the run to see if the would go up the ramp but they didnt. so iv run out of ideas now.

if you use something like breeze blocks to raise the end of the ramp and make it less steep they may be more likely to use it :)

I have put a rabbit actually on the ramp, keeping hold, and helped it down, so the bunny gets the idea This usually works!

Also you could put some extra wood strips on to narrow the gaps between the existing ones to provide extra grip. Had to do that for mine as they were slipping down the ramp rather than walking down it even with the brick to reduce the angle. Made my REW feel a lot safer as he was stuck up top because he couldn't see if he was going to stop sliding at some point.

One of mine just run down quite happily, the other I left to do it in her own time, now she leaps off of It and is up and down like a mad thing.

I had the same problem so I nailed a strip of old towel on to the ramp so they gripped it. Once they got used to it I removed the towel strip and they managed fine. Lol

What about putting a brick by the side of the ramp so bun ' s can hop on easily. Rabbits are back end heavy and going up is easier than going down. Same with stairs.

Back