• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will they get over referred aggression in time?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Quick question: I have 2 pairs in separate housing in the same garden and the males in each pair can't stand the sight of each other. They used to be part of a trio but fell out badly, so now have a girlfriend each.

I doubt I'll ever be able to bond a quad, but if I take the barricade down and they are able to see each other across the garden again are they likely to become desensitised to seeing each other at all?

Thanks [emoji4]

I take it you mean that the Bucks start attacking their respective partners if they, the Bucks catch sight of each other ?

Sometimes it can be possible, over a period of several weeks/months, to acclimatise two pairs to be within sight of each other without referred aggression, but it's not always possible.

I take it you mean that the Bucks start attacking their respective partners if they, the Bucks catch sight of each other ?

Sometimes it can be possible, over a period of several weeks/months, to acclimatise two pairs to be within sight of each other without referred aggression, but it's not always possible.

Thanks Jane. Yes that's it, although they just chase the girls, nothing more thankfully. It seems to depend on distance, and as I've just moved one of the runs and gained a few feet between them I thought it might be a good time to try!

In my experience, yes. However my lot can't see each other directly, there's about 2ft of cladding in their shared run, but they still started off chasing etc

Back