• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best way to neutralise a space for a freshly bonded pair

FredW

Alpha Buck
Just making sure I am doing things right. My little girl is currently being bonded, and things are going well. since she's a doe, and I heard many times they can get protective, and there isn't a neutral place in the house where they could stay for a while, I am trying to neutralise her current room. I got rid of her old hutch, and while her new pen is on order from Boyles, she's in a temp run. She had this one now for just a week or so, but I still washed it all out with vinegar and water. I am also rearranging the room a bit, and sprayed all her play areas out with vinegar water 50/50 solution in a water sprayer. I am planning on spraying it all over the carpet when finished setting the room up. also got new toys for them, so it's new for her.
is there anything else I can do to ensure her not getting territorial when she gets here. I normally don't give her treats, but bought a tiny amount to give them while setting in, hoping that it will help them, don't know if it does, but I felt it may be worth a try. just wondering is there anything else I can or should do.

I can't think of anymore you can do really, obviously use a new/completely different litter tray and just make it as interesting as possible with lots of hay and a few treats. Good luck!. :)

thanks. yeah bought plenty of new stuff to keep them entertained. so fingers crossed all will go well. :)

Back