• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding and a neutral territory

AmberNikSee

Alpha Buck
Well I've decided to adopt a companion for my bun from the nearest shelter (100miles Ew!) They seem wonderful and said they would assist in the bonding process and that they have advisors that would talk to me about the progress via the phone! In the research I've done it says they need to be introduced and bonded in an area unfamiliar to both. I can do that as Bofur hasn't ever been in my living room or kitchen aside from in my arms. My first question is, once they are bonded can they both be put in my current bunny room or will that cause problems? And if it would cause problems would switching out the flooring help since it would no longer be covered in his hair and the piddle spots?
Thank you!!!

They can as long as it has been neutralized. c: I can't remember the mixture people use, but I'm sure it has something to do with white vinegar?

As you will be bringing a female home it should be easier as males are not as territorial, although some are! If you use 50/50 white vinegar/water this usually removes the smell of the resident bunny. Hope it goes well.

Back