• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Shed Project!

We have just bought a new home and two old tattered sheds came with it. The place is riddled with foxes, so my two buns current accommodation won't do (it is also far too small), so my new project while my dad builds a house, is to renovate the shed. I would like to keep it all in one place so i have made this thread.

It is 6ft x 7ft and has one level already and I am planning to put up another. I am going to build a 12ft x 6ft aviary attached also.

I have started by cleaning it out and painting the outside.

List of what i've left to do:
Paint inside (cream?? or natural woody colour??)
Insulate floor
Lay a new floor
Put up 2nd level
Make ramp to 1st level.
Lay Lino all over.
Concrete run area (fox proofing) and cover with soil.
Build aviary panels.
Cut bottom half of shed door in half again (run access)

As you can see, its got holes in the floor :shock:

This was before painting, where i am standing is just about where the run will come out to.

This is the inside, that mould is dead in the right hand corner now and hasn't affected the wood luckily:) That is the first level, and the other shelf is leaning against the wall beside it:oops:

These are my two :)

that should keep you busy, and bet you enjoy creating a bunny home from it, you will have to post update pics when complete, lovely bunnies :love:

OOh I do love a bunny home project thread :D It also helps lots of other non posters :) Like the others have said please keep us up to date with lots of pics. Good luck :wave:

edited to add I love your beautiful bunnies xx

OOOOH how exciting! I thoroughly recommend painting the inside cream; we painted the inside of our shed cream so that the light bounces better in the winter. When you're trying to see by the torch on your iPhone, you'll be thankful you painted it cream :lol:

I might have got the wrong end of the stick, but if the run is joining the front of the shed, how will you get in the shed? Our run is attached to one side of the shed, with a cat flap giving them access in and out.

Can't wait to see this progress! Your bunnies are little cuties by the way x

OOOOH how exciting! I thoroughly recommend painting the inside cream; we painted the inside of our shed cream so that the light bounces better in the winter. When you're trying to see by the torch on your iPhone, you'll be thankful you painted it cream :lol:

I might have got the wrong end of the stick, but if the run is joining the front of the shed, how will you get in the shed? Our run is attached to one side of the shed, with a cat flap giving them access in and out.

Can't wait to see this progress! Your bunnies are little cuties by the way x

If its a walk in run you can just go in through the run door.

Back