• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent vibes!

Oh no, lots of vibes :( Blockages are something I worry about as a cat owner. It sounds like he's doing very well though, especially for a 17 year old! He must feel pretty comfortable if he's already eaten so soon (and at the vets too - I'm pretty sure my cats would be too freaked out at being in a new place to eat!) and is looking for attention.

Thank you all for the vibes, RU is full of such lovely people :love:

My boy remains comfortable, still on pain relief and with a catheter but otherwise alert and eating still. He's never been away from his home and its so wrong without him - his hoomin slaves (me and mum) are forever seeing to his needs, a fuss, a comb, food or play. He isn't coming home today but might do tomorrow - its my brothers wedding tomorrow as well and I don't drive but I will have to get my boy and be with him. Just want to see him, though I think it may distress him more if I visit and then leave him there? Have to question whats for his benefit and whats for mine and I think he will be better me not going in? Any thoughts?

i don't think he would be more distressed if you visited, but cats don't always register human comfort in the same way dogs do so it may seem like he doesn't appreciate you visiting! i think he would like a little reminder of the love waiting for him at home :love: and it might help you to relax a little too to see him. sending lots more vibes !

Thank you all for the vibes, RU is full of such lovely people :love:

My boy remains comfortable, still on pain relief and with a catheter but otherwise alert and eating still. He's never been away from his home and its so wrong without him - his hoomin slaves (me and mum) are forever seeing to his needs, a fuss, a comb, food or play. He isn't coming home today but might do tomorrow - its my brothers wedding tomorrow as well and I don't drive but I will have to get my boy and be with him. Just want to see him, though I think it may distress him more if I visit and then leave him there? Have to question whats for his benefit and whats for mine and I think he will be better me not going in? Any thoughts?

I am sure he will welcome your company, if it is possible for you to get there with your brother's wedding the same day. If you cannot go, call the vet and have the put the phone near your boy so he can hear your voice. He may be better staying at the vets another day, especially if you will not be able to be with him all day due to the wedding, so he can be watched closely for any recurrence.

Mega vibes being sent to you and your boy.

My boy is still at the vets but hopefully we can collect him tomorrow! They need to check he can pass water on his own now so still want to monitor him :( I miss him so much and so do the other puss cats, oz is boss and they both like snuggling him :love: I found one of his whiskers and have been touching it for strength that he will come home! Thank you for the vibes, it means a lot xx

My boy is still at the vets but hopefully we can collect him tomorrow! They need to check he can pass water on his own now so still want to monitor him :( I miss him so much and so do the other puss cats, oz is boss and they both like snuggling him :love: I found one of his whiskers and have been touching it for strength that he will come home! Thank you for the vibes, it means a lot xx

Aaaww Clare, hope he can come home tomorrow :thumb:

Sending more vibes .... sounds like you till need them!

He's been pts just now, devasted doesn't come close

We bought him home but he couldn't walk & then was frantic, his bladder was full again & blocked. They removed catheter yesterday & said he'd passed urine with blood still in it so I don't understand how he was so different here & now gone.

We bought him home but he couldn't walk & then was frantic, his bladder was full again & blocked. They removed catheter yesterday & said he'd passed urine with blood still in it so I don't understand how he was so different here & now gone.

I'm so very very sorry. You tried all you could. RIP little one :love:

Oh I am so sorry :cry:

Does anyone know if vets will clip a little fur from a pet that's been pts? I took some from my boy but feel it's not enough & I've been frantically picking every strand of his fur from my clothes.

I've asked this in general chat too as I need an answer x

Missing my boy so very much :cry: :cry: in our 17.5 yrs together I only spent one night away from him but i saw him both mornings so he hardly noticed - I did :(

I keep looking for him without realising what I'm doing, it's always been part of my daily routine, I miss him so much. Can't even face doing a post in rainbow bridge :(

Back