• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent vibes!

Clare-uk

Mama Doe
I know this isn't rabbit related, sorry! But I'd really appreciate some vibes for my little old boy Oz, he's just come in from outside and has blood on him at the back end, it's not his bottom so must be his tinkle?! :cry: I'm in bits as he is so very special to me & yes I openly admit he's my baby, I'm single & childless with lots of love to give so my animals get it all.

I dare not venture onto Google i'll wait for vet advice. He wants his tea & doesn't seem in distress - it's just his batty mummy that's distressed!

Last edited:
Thank you :) just back with him & vet thinks it's cystitis, it could have been a blockage but he peed in his carrier so not blocked now & it was all pink - not solid blood as this afternoon or streaked. His tinkle (I hate the word penis, even writing it lol) wasn't damaged or sore. He's had long acting anti-bs & we've got to monitor his wee, not that tricky as I'm always home. Phew & breathe :eek:

Honestly when I saw actual blood around his back end my mind was racing! It's just so scary. Hopefully it all settles now. Appreciate the vibes x

When I started reading this thread my first thought was cystitis, glad it was nothing more serious! xxx

Glad it was nothing more serious and hope he feels a lot better soon!

I can understand your concerns though. When our elderly girl cat, Charlie, passed away, it was kidney disease and her urine had blood in it. :(

Its turned more serious :cry: Oz was squatting and nothing coming out, so we rushed him to the vets. Its worse case of a huge bladder and nothing coming out, he's been admitted but it doesn't look good :cry::cry::cry: because of his age, 17, he may not pull through. I've had to say goodbye and leave him there, they rushed him straight for treatment. He's my soul pusscat and means the absolute world to me, I'm in bits, can hardly breathe, please please send him any vibes, I need my boy

He had a blockage that was near the top & came out easily, he's been catheterised & is on a drip with pain relief :( he has eaten, wants a fuss & they said he seems strong. Any vibes going spare are greatly appreciated.

poor Oz, and poor you, it must be such a worry. be strong and do what is right for your lovely cat. sending love and light to Oz.

Back