• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed and rebonding

pixiewee

New Kit
I have two female lionhead bunnies, they have always been together. I noticed one day that they had been fighting so I booked them in to get spayed asap, hoping that would calm them down. When I first put them together they where fine, one day later they started fighting again and now they won't go anywhere near each other. I wondered if anyone has any rebonding advice.

Are you trying to rebond them in neutral territory, where neither bun has been before? How long have they been neutered?

Nope we had them in the house and they were fine and as soon as we took them back in the run outside they started fighting again. We had them running around inside today and we noticed the one who got attacked keeps thumping it's back legs when she is near the other one. It's so sad to see when they used to hate been separated. They haven't been neautred long about a week.

They need to be kept separate for at least 6 weeks for their hormones to settle down, running and chasing plus possible fights could cause damage to where they have recently been operated.

My sisters were apart for about 12 weeks before we rebonded them, we started in the bath & bathroom so neutral territory and a small area.

There are some really helpful threads on bonding/rebonding.

Back