• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions needed please ASAP!!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I suddenly decided to get on with building a 'window ledge' in the rabbits shed today which I've been meaning to do since I got the shed a year ago!! Anyway, it was one of those things I couldn't really picture how it would be until I did it, and now I'm not so sure! It's a bit cobbled together with stuff I had as being a bank hol it was too late to go out for extra supplies! I'd love some opinions please!!

Idea was that they could jump up to it from the table (they can also access the platform on the right from the other side of the shed but I prefer two access points) but not sure if it's too high?

Would it be better like this maybe? Til I can do something better at least!!

Thanks in advance!!

I think it looks OK. I presume you're going to make an edge to keep the bunnies from jumping off?

It's hard to tell from the picture how high the shelf is but I'd be a little concerned they may hurt themselves if they jumped from the top shelf to the floor. But if it's not that high then it's probably fine. You might want to put some old carpet or something non-slip down on the top shelf because their legs slip as they push themselves off to jump.

Well there's the makeshift barrier on the corner but I think they'd jump to the table then the floor, that was the idea! Like I said though it's not really worked out how I wanted and don't really know what to do :(

Thanks kind of wish I'd not started it today now as there's nothing I can do now really til next weekend. Think it needs a higher table underneath which will have the ramp going up to it. Maybe I should have done it on the other window! Might have been easier to work around what's there! Argh!!!

Could you pull the table out a bit? It doesn't look too high to me but maybe too vertical-from the photos it looks like they could get a better angle up from a bit further away.

The table is actually attached to the wall and only has legs on one side! Might pull it all down tomorrow and start again next weekend

Back