• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ileus - recurring episodes u/d bloods ok

Thanks Jane.

They have always been given spring greens without any issues. We have been giving him limited time on the grass too but will limit it even further just in case.

This morning he is a very hungry bunny :p

I'm glad he is feeling better....I think the breed are quite sensitive to things they seem to get upset quite easily. Bluebell and Rambo have been the only rabbits I have had that have got upset when it rains? Maybe it's do do with the weather changes going from wet to dry or something...or the pressure? I really hope he doesn't have any more episodes. Have his blood results come back yet?

:wave: Thanks for asking.

His bloods are back and although some of the readings are slightly out there was nothing to indicate anything serious and the results could be linked to his anorexia. So the vet is not concerned about the results.

Today he was OK this morning and eating fine. I looked on the camera and he was lying in the sun in the bed. Went down half an hour later and he was refusing food. Managed to get 0.5ml of metacam down him (he is stubborn and strong :roll: ) and 45 mins later starts to take a bit of food. We are now going to give him some Baycox as a precaution in case of parasites. We have already cut out some and reduced veg and his time has also been reduced on the grass.

This is clearly some sort of pain thing but what is causing I really don't know. All I know is it is becoming more frequent.

We know he doesn't like the wind but we can't tie it in with windy episodes (we did suspect this first time) and he seems Ok with the rain and to be honest it hasn't rained that much lately. He can be a little nervy at times for such a bold bunny.:love:

I know Leanne, I am obviously pleased they are not showing up anything that is causing it but at the same time feel so sorry for him. I am also wondering if maybe some peppermint tea may help if him and Cassie would drink it.

Back