• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New here. Some advice needed please

Nikki89

New Kit
Hi :wave:

I currently have two male neutered 9month boys. They are both mini lops called fudge and Oscar. They get on great and are always together. I just got a new bunny last Saturday. Female netherland dwarf. My boys are indoor bunnies and I have not introduced my new bunny luna to them yet as she is only 9weeks but I did bring her into the living room where they could see and smell her. Since then though my boys started snapping at each other and then yesterday they had a big fight with each other in the hall. Luna (new bunny) wasn't anywhere in sight. Does anyone know why my boys have started fighting with each other and also tips to bond Luna with fudge and Oscar I know this has to be done on neutral grounds but should I just do one bunny at a time or try bond all three together.

I would appreciate any advice you may have. :thumb:

Thanks nicola x

Good morning and welcome, I'm new here too. I think your new bunny Luna is far too young to put with a pair of bonded males. The new bunny needs to establish her own personality and certainly needs to get used to you and her new environment first. One week is a very short time. Although the boys are neutered Luna is really in their territory and they won't like it. She will need to be spayed at some time so please keep her separate from them for everyones sake until they all get used to each others smells. Give them time and they will all settle down.

Last edited:
It could be referred aggression. The boys cant get to the newcomer who has come into their territory so they turn on each other.

If I was you I would get your girlie spayed (usually done at about six months) and once her hormones have had a chance to settle (6 to 8 weeks) then introduce them all in a neutral space.

It may sound like a long time for her to be on her own but it will be worth waiting for her to have company in the long term, imo.

Also Spring and Summer are not ideal bonding time (due to hormones and general breeding/excitement even in neutered and spayed rabbits).

I hope you find some advice here that works for you.

Thank you for your advice. Yes I will get her spayed and then try and introduce them all. I Hope it goes ok eeekkk! I also hope my boys relationship won't be ruined because I have brought a new bun in.

Hello fellow newcomer :) thank you for your advice. Yeah she is tiny compared to them so I will wait until she is spayed and once she is bigger. They are all house bunnies at the moment. Boys in the living room and luna is currently in my bedroom for now but I let them out into the hall for a few hours as our hall has loads of room for them to play so I let luna out few hours and then the boys and the boys kept sniffing at the carpet and also they must smell her off me. May I ask are your bunnies indoor or outdoor? I am looking to put the boys out for summer and need a good quality but large hutch.

Back